Type R and VTEC owners

Yeah I forgot about them.

We're not 100% on it yet. It's the mrs who wants one but we have to see what the insurance will be like. After May this year she doesn't have to mention her crash with Admiral which should help (depending if they still log it)

I will be selling the ST soon to get a newer mondeo estate most likely. So I welcome the idea of a EP3 as are second car. Might get that feeling back where I like to just go out for a random 50mile drive down all the country roads.

Yup, its an odd one if its standard and if its modified you have known because it would have been very loud but they can get up to around 250BHP NA if you have deep enough pockets, there is/was a guy by the name of Kano who has taken his that far

Edit - Link http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/64054-my-dyno-tune.html

No it wasn't modified at all. I pretty much got owned by the driver, it went off into the distance. I've booked my car to go on the rollers to see what's what. I feel that it may be lacking in power.

EDIT: Rybo look harder. There's some ep3's up in Hudds for around the £3k mark.

EURO-R

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-CL7-EURO-R-SUPERCHARGED-BREMBO-TEIN-HONDATA-K-PRO-300BHP-/161234482499?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item258a52f543

Last edited:
the 2.4 TS can do 0-60 in roughly 7.6 sec, so pretty fast for their size and weight! Throttle response will be greater than the diesel, so it would have pulled away quickly and got the power down the revs.

Its over 8 seconds to 60, my Celica does 60 in 7ish and so did my fn2 and they are both noticeably quicker than my accord type-s

The accord felt heavy from a standing start and first gear was useless but it was pretty good at dropping a gear and instantly responding as the vtec works a bit differently you get more mid range

Maybe this explains it

Last edited:
anyone tried a Legend (2007-2008 era one)

just my VTI is soon to be replaced - need something a bit bigger - the Accords don't do much for me - but the Legend "looks" nice

I'm guessing they are not amazing handling wise though

a few in dealers -not too bad price either 9k gets you a low mile 07 plate

don't want waft - just want something nippy thats bigger than a Civic

my Honda has been so reliable (its managed 177k on most original major parts like clutch etc) - that I'd like a Honda

FN2 would be perfect but have 2 kids and not convinced with safety in rear in the event of a crash - not crash itself-but if occupants needed to be extracted so to speak - also rear windows are quite small and obviously don't open - so whilst my kids would have plenty of space in rear - not the most pleasant place for them. Also I'm rather short - so 3 doors are a pain

anyone tried a Legend (2007-2008 era one)

just my VTI is soon to be replaced - need something a bit bigger - the Accords don't do much for me - but the Legend "looks" nice

I'm guessing they are not amazing handling wise though

They are lovely cars mate, on my itch list. Handling is great thanks to the SH-AWD system and the engine sound sweet on song, which is a fantastic system, and the car is just beautifully built with all the toys you could want and some lovely massive seats that you could fall asleep in. They are cheap now can pick up one for 6-7k and you get a lot for your money, they are bulletproof, running costs are decent, not great on fuel but servicing ain't much more than a Civic.

thanks lemonade - a friend has one - and has had no issues

seems a lot to go wrong on them though - but with Honda bulletproof reliability - should be ok

I've been looking at BMW 330s (when you can find one), Mercedes C/E classes, Skoda VRSs - but the Legend has a certainly "different" quality - they look smart - and are rare

half tempting

the Legend didn't get great reviews on launch

but at current 2nd hand prices after massive depreciation - prob more in their favour

my budget is up to about 13k - I found a Honda approved one with 30k odd miles on an 09 plate - for £12k - hardly run in - lot of car for money

Last edited:
thanks lemonade - a friend has one - and has had no issues

seems a lot to go wrong on them though - but with Honda bulletproof reliability - should be ok

I've been looking at BMW 330s (when you can find one), Mercedes C/E classes, Skoda VRSs - but the Legend has a certainly "different" quality - they look smart - and are rare

half tempting

These were made in Japan under the strictest conditions, so they won't have issues like your Swindon built wagons and certainly not issues like other so called premium brands.

I wouldn't take much notice of reviews either, especially from the European press, as anything that doesn't have a euro or german badge is deemed as not good enough.

Try one out and see if you like it, they are lovely luxury cruisers, but you can have fun in them with the SH-AWD ;) and the V6 VTEC on full song is music to the ears.

Back
Top Bottom