Type R and VTEC owners

£9.5k.......... :D:D:D:D:D:D

If you're soo keen to break it for £7-7.5k then fill your boots buddy. That doesn't equate to it being worth £2k more as a complete car, infact it's probably worth less than the breaking figure ;)

For that amount of money I'd stick with my UKDM, re-shell with it seam welded and fully sprayed, then get a nice Turbo B18 rebuild from Will @ RDT :D

fun photo of my mates rx8 milage

10376311_753295068055932_485675878092546764_n.jpg

BTW that ITR wont go for 9k wont even go for 7. People forgot that no one is paying 100% price for mods EVER !!! 30% of orginal price is maximum.

Body work on my DC2 is real really starting to look tatty :/

Little rust spot at the back of the rear arch (only seen it at the front on others..)

Spoiler had tons of white spots where the bubbles have come off

Laquer on the front bumper has cracked.

Just can't afford to look after the body problems at the moment, the car looks sad.

Mechanically, I'm all over it.

Been doing some research into braking options for the CRZ in lieu of the impending Supercharger install.

It looks like FN2 Type R front brakes are a straight bolt onto the CRZ providign you have the brake carrier too.

So the increased piston thickness and disc area (300mm FN2 vs 262mm CRZ) should make a nice difference in keeping the heat off the brakes during enthusiastic driving.

The bonus is that they fit under OEM CRZ 16", so should be a breeze with the Rota Grids as they styled after the TE37 which have masses of room for clearence being a track orientated wheel.

the car is light.

I would imagine that a fast road pad coupled with braided lines and a performance fluid would be more than enough.

there are people on S2Ki with superchargers happily running at 350+BHP on the stock brakes with a performance pad and fluid

so for ~200BHP, I would imagine that a performance pad would be all that would be required.

is AM trying to flog you his FN2 brakes or something?

Bledd, deox gel, then touch up paint :)

Just done all my stone chips and unless up close it looks grand!

Also spraying the bumper mouth with Plastdipto sort out the chipped black plastic and then some more on the horrible wiper arms.

Soo much work, it's essentially another overhaul :(

NathWraith GO 4 IT Bigger brakes will look cool---> They always do :D

-Ad- whiper arms --- > Sprayed them with pound shop matt black paint 2 years ago and they still look good :D While i was at it i sprayed that faded out plastic thats between windscreen and bonnet looks awesome on black car. RECOMMEND :)

268670_513366155345910_356432467_n.jpg

Two pound job just there :D

Been doing some research into braking options for the CRZ in lieu of the impending Supercharger install.

It looks like FN2 Type R front brakes are a straight bolt onto the CRZ providign you have the brake carrier too.

So the increased piston thickness and disc area (300mm FN2 vs 262mm CRZ) should make a nice difference in keeping the heat off the brakes during enthusiastic driving.

The bonus is that they fit under OEM CRZ 16", so should be a breeze with the Rota Grids as they styled after the TE37 which have masses of room for clearence being a track orientated wheel.

Check what it will do to your brake bias, sticking on bigger fronts can be detrimental to your stopping distances!

NathWraith GO 4 IT Bigger brakes will look cool---> They always do :D

-Ad- whiper arms --- > Sprayed them with pound shop matt black paint 2 years ago and they still look good :D While i was at it i sprayed that faded out plastic thats between windscreen and bonnet looks awesome on black car. RECOMMEND :)

Sweet, might try that first then and see how it lasts. Mine have a weird mank on them so this will likely come through the spray paint very quickly, hence the Plastidip choice.

is AM trying to flog you his FN2 brakes or something?

No, I was reading CRZ forum last night as a popular conversion in the states is RSX Type S brakes. A few guys have done EP3 & FN2 conversions too.

Regarding brake bias, that is something I will need to look into as I've only just really started looking into it.

Also what size disc does the S2000 use on the front?

Last edited:
No, I was reading CRZ forum last night as a popular conversion in the states is RSX Type S brakes. A few guys have done EP3 & FN2 conversions too.

Regarding brake bias, that is something I will need to look into as I've only just really started looking into it.

Also what size disc does the S2000 use on the front?

300mm, the front brakes are the same as an EP3 if I remember correctly.

This car is peeing me off now.

Alarm goes off everytime I unlock the car which I now have to do with the key and have to go through the fob reprogramme procedure to turn it off. Fob now won't work at all. Won't lock or unlock the car, just the little red light flashes.

Any ideas?

Car drives spot on when it's running.

PFL EP3...

Back
Top Bottom