Type R and VTEC owners

Ha.

Always wanted one. Need to decide if to carry on having two cars and run something like an S2000 as a second, or get something sensible as a main car.

christ, don't show that to Nath.

he already has me off about my laments of the highest power per litre performance sports car ever made with a panoramic view of the universe with a patented x-brace chassis with perfect 50:50 weight distribution.

Chris, not sure if it matters to you but you seem to be looking at 06 models. that's the tax borderline.
generally 06 cars with the hole in the headrest [like mine] are cheap tax and the solid headrests are high tax.
the wheels are different also.

8O0fWQL.jpg.png

Please also note that these are the nicknames given to the wheel designs and I am in no way implying that the car is an AP2.
obviously referring to the UKDM 2.0l car as an AP2 is a huge mistake and punishable by death.

Last edited:
Taken from the S2KI FAQ.

Model Year differences

There are a few differences between the MY99 - MY01 models and the MY02 - MY03. The MY04-MY05 and MY06-MY07 have further changes and a slight facelift from the earlier models. Note: The wind deflector became standard from MY01 onwards.

MY02 differences

• Glass Rear Screen
• Cd player with tweeters built into the door
• Slightly restyled polished alloys
• Chrome rings around the rear lights and chrome front light surrounds
• A softer suspension setting which makes the car slightly less "pointy"
• Repositioned headlamp washer switch

Some like the suspension changes and others do not, it is probably best to try both cars if you are in the market for a used S2000.

04 Differences

• New front and rear bumper design
• 17" wheels with different Bridgestone tyres
• New front and rear lights
• Facelifted interior
• Some suspension changes which include a slight ride height change and a little softening of the rear end.
• Colour coded headlamp washers
• Factory fitted alarm
• New colours...

06 Differences

• New Colours - Deep Burgundy Metallic, Bermuda Blue Metallic
• New Interior Colour - Brown Leather
• Drive-By-Wire Throttle System. Ues a computer sensor to input throttle as opposed to pulling on the throttle cable
• Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control option on MY06, standard on MY08. A combination of computer controlled throttle and individual wheel braking to control sudden changes in vehicle behavior. VSA has a turn-off switch where the defrost button (moved) used to be.
• 20 lbs heavier
• Redesigned road wheels
• Redesigned steering wheel
• Brake Assist, which helps drivers apply full braking pressure in an accident avoidance situation via the ABS actuator. Braking pressure is maintained momentarily after the driver's initial braking action to help the driver stop promptly. It deactivates when the driver releases pressure on the brake pedal
• Exterior temperature gauge
• New seats (interfaced to air bags for weight and position)
• 4 of the 8 speaker audio system are integrated roll bar speakers
• New intake manifold, fuel rail, intake support bracket, and injector cover
• Only one cam sensor
• New style map sensor
• IAT sensor has moved to the rubber intake tract
• Fuel line at engine is now a quick-release type
• Air pump, associated lines and and control valve, have been eliminated
• Fan switch in the radiator has been replaced with a second CTS, in turn the fans are now computer controlled
• HO2S in the header is now referred to as an Air fuel ratio sensor
• New exhaust center section

You'll have more fabulous hair the higher the MY

you're god damn right.

Last edited:
this is actually rjk

"highest power per displacement naturally aspirated production car ever made with perfect 50:50 weight distribution with the patented X-brace chassis with a panoramic view of the universe* equipped with a real DOHC vtec kick"

*convertible

could be worse, could be some hippy wannabe be tellin people about his super awezomes MPGz and Co-twos ?

You'll have to excuse me, I have to shoot of to qualify for the race

Sorry to crash the party with a mundane question. :)

My DelSol is up for some new tyres shortly and although the current Uniroyal Rain jobbies have been quite decent, actually not a bad tyre at all. I fancy something sportier if that is possible. Size is 195/50 15.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom