Type R and VTEC owners

How do you find overtaking and building speed once rolling? S2000 owners.

It's ok on faster roads. On B roads it's very quick as the throttle is so sharp and it picks up rather well when you nail it at 6k. No lag or crap like a turbo.

More than fast enough, and once rolling over 20mph and on vtec they go very well as they never drop out of vtec.

They just need getting used to. Ie revving to 9k and letting the engine rev

Just need someone to buy my Mondeo, starting high as I ain't in any rush. Someone has listed a 2000 s2k with FSH and 70k miles for 4.7k, so they are out there ready for me to own.

2002 Yellow GT 80k miles for the same price aswell that I come across the other day. Gone now though. Couldn't have a yellow one anyway.

Grey, black, dark blue are what I'll look out for.

£4.7k for a 2000 plate sounds quite high? I know they've been holding value / appreciating slightly, but a year and a half ago you could have had that for well under £4k - that's when I was looking at them and they were that price for that age!

I was a few days away from putting a deposit down on one before I swapped jobs and jumped ship to Scotland :p

Just need someone to buy my Mondeo, starting high as I ain't in any rush. Someone has listed a 2000 s2k with FSH and 70k miles for 4.7k, so they are out there ready for me to own.

2002 Yellow GT 80k miles for the same price aswell that I come across the other day. Gone now though. Couldn't have a yellow one anyway.

How much are you selling the mondeo for?

£4.7k for a 2000 plate sounds quite high? I know they've been holding value / appreciating slightly, but a year and a half ago you could have had that for well under £4k - that's when I was looking at them and they were that price for that age!

I was a few days away from putting a deposit down on one before I swapped jobs and jumped ship to Scotland :p

Its June 12th. Peak period to buy a convertible car.

Wait till October/November, and it will be back under 4k.

I see a yellow one every morning in Sheffield. It's beautiful.

DO IT.

edit: thanks Simon. I've got a few shelving brackets that might do the trick, if I can get the rusted screws out the fog light :/

Last edited:
bit of a random one. my mate owns a 55 plate civic type-R. having a chat with him yesterday about what mods he's thinking of next and one is a cold air intake.

The one he's looking at seems like a hell of a lot of money for not all that much though, I can't remember the name but it's like the one in this pic (hope this works)
images

now apparently this costs around £800 new and second hand going for £400 for the "top branded" product, but he tells me there's also a different manufacturer that sells it for about £350 new.

I may be completely wrong but seems like a fair whack for not all that much :p just a CF scoop basically? is he mad for wanting to buy this? :p I'm guessing it will have some gains drawing cooler air in from outside the engine bay and acting a bit like a ram...but is it worth it?? :D

think so far he's put on better brake pads and a better stainless exhaust.

Got it up at 3900 at the moment, seems the avarage price for year/mileage.

Tim, I am doing it! Just hope my little bump in the van yesterday doesn't involve car insurance. Broke the tranny and been given a brand new Sprinter today for my efforts :)

What is the age and mileage? I might be interested if it's in good nick.

that's a gruppeM. I had one on my EP3 when they were "only" £350.

it's the most overpriced intake ever. Stick to standard airbox tbh..

thanks for the reply :)

what differences (if any) did you actually notice from it? louder/better engine note? anything performance related? if he really want's it I'll try to tell him to wait till one of the cheaper ones comes around second hand :p

now apparently this costs around £800 new and second hand going for £400 for the "top branded" product, but he tells me there's also a different manufacturer that sells it for about £350 new.

I may be completely wrong but seems like a fair whack for not all that much :p just a CF scoop basically? is he mad for wanting to buy this? :p I'm guessing it will have some gains drawing cooler air in from outside the engine bay and acting a bit like a ram...but is it worth it?? :D

that's a gruppeM. I had one on my EP3 when they were "only" £350.

it's the most overpriced intake ever. Stick to standard airbox tbh..

It isnt overpriced at all if you dont mind having some money tied up in it for a bit.

my gruppe m cost £400 2nd hand. made my car run at 211bhp with just the intake as a mod, sounded epic and then sold a year later for £500

the tegiwa one is £350 and you will lose money selling it, plus it looks like a POS compared to the GM. ultimately it does the same thing though.

if your mate wants the noise but not the expense, go for the K&N typhoon or AEM or something. GM will be best for gains if he is looking to add RBC, race mani & hondata at a later point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom