Type R and VTEC owners

It isnt overpriced at all if you dont mind having some money tied up in it for a bit.

my gruppe m cost £400 2nd hand. made my car run at 211bhp with just the intake as a mod, sounded epic and then sold a year later for £500

the tegiwa one is £350 and you will lose money selling it, plus it looks like a POS compared to the GM. ultimately it does the same thing though.

if your mate wants the noise but not the expense, go for the K&N typhoon or AEM or something. GM will be best for gains if he is looking to add RBC, race mani & hondata at a later point.

cheers again :D

shall discuss with him a bit more then :D he did say, to him the GM and tegiwa one (if it is the other he was on about) looked exactly the same so if it does the same then he'd be happy with that as he can't really be bothered waiting/hunting for a decent priced 2nd hand GM.

RBC....race mani.....hondata......all of my wuts? o.O haha (ok, google helps me understand things :) ) but I'm not sure if he does have anything else in mind after this/down the line.

cheers again :D

shall discuss with him a bit more then :D he did say, to him the GM and tegiwa one (if it is the other he was on about) looked exactly the same so if it does the same then he'd be happy with that as he can't really be bothered waiting/hunting for a decent priced 2nd hand GM.

RBC....race mani.....hondata......all of my wuts? o.O haha (ok, google helps me understand things :) ) but I'm not sure if he does have anything else in mind after this/down the line.

If he plans on just adding an intake for noise. then a typhoon or AEM are perfect. they make a lot of intake noise and will get the job done.

Gruppe M is great, but maximum gains will be had when supported by other breather mods.

RBC intake manifold - a larger intake manifold that will increase overall power and torque when coupled with a GM intake.

Race manifold - plenty on the market, Japspeed seem to be well regarded in the budget area of the market or TODA if you are looking for maximum gains and dont want fake tat on your car. this manifold will remove the cat though so bear that in mind

Hondata K100/KPro - ECU with programmable functions. K100 is only accessable by a tuner, KPRO has usb so you can fiddle yourself. the car would need remapping with a race manifold on anyway.

all of the above are the most common, tried and tested power upgrades for NA. it should come in at around £1800 for the intake, manifolds, ecu and remapping and result in around 250BHP.

After owning a GM, it was brilliant and I would suggest trying to find one, but tell your mate only to bother if he are going to add the other stuff I mentioned as the cheaper intakes will do the job just as well if he is only looking for noise.

the best place i spent money on my EP3 was handling, good geometry setup, LSD, stiffer ARBs, AD08s.

Last edited:
My brother picked up his EP3 last night. 54 plate, 70,000 Miles, 2 previous owners, Full service history, etc. It's dark grey and in very good condition mechanically and cosmetically.

The only odd thing I noticed was his spare wheel is in fact a brand new wheel from Honda with a brand new Michelin tyre on it, doesn't look like it has ever been on the road. What would this be worth on its own?

The wheels on his have got some corrosion on them so he wants to get his refurbished. Anyone here for theirs done and can offer a guide as to the price?

My brother picked up his EP3 last night. 54 plate, 70,000 Miles, 2 previous owners, Full service history, etc. It's dark grey and in very good condition mechanically and cosmetically.

The only odd thing I noticed was his spare wheel is in fact a brand new wheel from Honda with a brand new Michelin tyre on it, doesn't look like it has ever been on the road. What would this be worth on its own?

The wheels on his have got some corrosion on them so he wants to get his refurbished. Anyone here for theirs done and can offer a guide as to the price?

Will depend entirely on where you go, but the garage that is currently doing some repair work to my car will do any wheel for £35. Whether that's just refurbing, repairing, powder coating, anodising, everything, £35 :)

Been enjoying driving the Civic around, seems a quite a lot more involved than the Megane is, which is good. Also easier to load stuff into the boot, as it doesn't have a narrow and high opening.

Only thing I am thinking about doing on the car at the minute is putting a intake kit of some sort onto it, so I get a bit more noise from it. Are there any recommended intakes that don't cost loads for the FN2?

Any open cone intake would increase the noise quite a bit, but you might also suffer from heatsoak. Have a look on CTR online and see what other people have been using.

I had an AEM V2 on mine which is an open cone kit. The sound was immense but it did suffer from the occasional heatsoak. This was only really noticeable when sitting in traffic on a hot day. It soon dissapears once you get going though and the noise definitely makes up for any minor heatsoak! :)

I'm selling my Eibachs.

Still in the box, going to go with a set of coilovers instead.

thinking about powerflex bushes all round as well. undecided yet.

Been enjoying driving the Civic around, seems a quite a lot more involved than the Megane is, which is good. Also easier to load stuff into the boot, as it doesn't have a narrow and high opening.

Only thing I am thinking about doing on the car at the minute is putting a intake kit of some sort onto it, so I get a bit more noise from it. Are there any recommended intakes that don't cost loads for the FN2?

HSK RSK. I've got one and it's fantastic. So far havent noticed any heatsoak and mines remapped aswell along with RSK and an exhaust. They sell for around £250 second hand but you wont be losing any money on them as they hold their value :)

mugen suspension is mental money. the bushes even more so when compared to arguably harder wearing poly bushes

I think most tend to use powerflex/polybush all round and use the mugen compliance bushes. not sure really, more reading required.

coilover wise, im unsure of what to get really. my initial plan was to go koni adjustable with eibach springs as i thought that coilovers would be too mental for the road but the temptation is there.

What benefit do you think coilovers will give over konis?

Polys bushes will give more NVH. The mugen bushes aren't that expensive. I'm on poly with mugen compliance

Back
Top Bottom