Type R and VTEC owners

DC2 Detailing Crew led by Sir Muffin of Glovingdon.

Sorted out my geo tonight and the car feels incredible, can't believe how off it was. Max castor, a good wedge of neggy camber and some toe added to the front is just what the doctor ordered.

Really tempted by a DC2 but Muffins big engine thread has put me off somewhat.

Unless I could K20 it or even better buy one already done.

Is there anything needed fabricating for the conversion? If I supplied a garage with a written off EP3 would it be just a labour job?

EX or higher would be ideal - be aware that as standard the mic isn't great for hands free calling but you can move it / pack the space a little bit and improve it without much effort.

You won't get bluetooth streaming with it either - another thing to be aware of.

The actual Nav unit is fairly old fashioned now but it works fine and imo makes the whole dash look much better so you're as well to have it. You can easily update the maps too plus it gives more information on music etc than you get without it.

Can also add a reversing camera for about £20 if you have the nav model which helps with judging the daft rear end

Hi, i have found a pretty pristine SE model with 50k on the clock - will probably seal the deal for it on the weekend aas its been very well looked after.

What are peoples thoughts on installing an aftermarket headunit in a mk8 civic. Is it easy to do? has anybody done it themselves? any recommendations for a headunit and a reversing camera?

I have an old double din unit, amplifier and sub gathering dust and am thinking of putting it to use in the civic. But i may get a new unit for reversing camera functionality

Going to have a gander at this at the weekend. See if I still don't fit... wish me luck!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406175075176/sort/default/usedcars/radius/1500/page/1/make/honda/fuel-type/petrol/model/integra/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/transmission/manual/postcode/pl144jk/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l?logcode=p

They also have a white JDM EP3 in stock but I am not sure if it has been imported yet (AT and website tell different stories).
I have no idea if they will PX for my car with cash my way though. Mine is worth at minimum £10k.

Hi, i have found a pretty pristine SE model with 50k on the clock - will probably seal the deal for it on the weekend aas its been very well looked after.

What are peoples thoughts on installing an aftermarket headunit in a mk8 civic. Is it easy to do? has anybody done it themselves? any recommendations for a headunit and a reversing camera?

I have an old double din unit, amplifier and sub gathering dust and am thinking of putting it to use in the civic. But i may get a new unit for reversing camera functionality

Its not particularly difficult to take the head unit out if you use proper trim tools and take your time. I had mine out to put an xcarlink in, probably took me an hour all in - I was taking my time though as its slightly more involved I.e handbrake covers off, top covers off, knee covers off at wheel and put them somewhere they won't scratch the remaining trim.

Only the Honda cover looks right for the surround so budget that in (£150ish from memory). Personally I wouldn't buy a head unit just for a reversing camera - £20 on a set of parking sensors will be better use on a non nav car

was that brace done with plasticdip Rich? ;)

I did it using some black spray I had in the shed. not the neatest of jobs but it will do.
Seen some cam covers on ebay local so may go and pick one up end of the month.

2BL, if you want a track car, and are worried about headroom...

There is a Honda available to you with more power than an EP3, and a DC5 that comes with a panoramic view of the universe and as much headroom as you will ever need.

;)

I did it using some black spray I had in the shed. not the neatest of jobs but it will do.
Seen some cam covers on ebay local so may go and pick one up end of the month.

2BL, if you want a track car, and are worried about headroom...

There is a Honda available to you with more power than an EP3, and a DC5 that comes with a panoramic view of the universe and as much headroom as you will ever need.

;)

Unfortunately the SHARK 2000 has a tiny interior!

Muffin`nice photo :)
This weekend my mate drops off hes RX8 for engine overhaul job. It drank 2 liters of oil for 350 miles drive last weekend heh.

rjkoneill That brake stopper worth it ?? Was thinking about one :P

Really tempted by a DC2 but Muffins big engine thread has put me off somewhat.

Unless I could K20 it or even better buy one already done.

Is there anything needed fabricating for the conversion? If I supplied a garage with a written off EP3 would it be just a labour job?

K20 leaves the sump low which may cause issues if you lower the car.

I wouldn't worry about the B18, keep it topped up with oil, don't over rev and don't boost it to stupid PSI and it won't blow up.

So I don't fit in an EP3, a DC2, or a DC5. Too fat.

I can fix that. Will come back to this in a few months.

I am hoping in a few months I can afford an EP3 as well as my A3.

How can you not fit in an EP3/DC2/DC5? You can't be that fat, can you? Unless you're obese. Is it the seats you don't fit into, or do you just find the whole interior cramped?

Back
Top Bottom