Type R and VTEC owners

NathWraith - Are you going to the JDM Trafford centre meet this coming sunday? Noticed your reply on the FB page. I'll be going aswell :)

He is, I'll be there as well. come say hi :)

what car you got at the moment mate?

So, yesterday I decided that my scruffy brakes needed attention. kind of regret not doing them in silver rather than black, but I had the black paint in the shed.

IMG_20140706_111105.jpg

also, the roof latches have seen better days...
IMG_20140706_111433.jpg

Brake paint sorted that out
IMG_20140706_111526.jpg

NathWraith - Are you going to the JDM Trafford centre meet this coming sunday? Noticed your reply on the FB page. I'll be going aswell :)

Yeah man I'll be there!

Got the FN2 front brakes fitted this weekend. Brembo discs and yellow stuff pads. Got the rear brake discs and pads changed for new OEM items too. Feels amazing now, stopping power is epic.

6FD2E4C6-9470-4926-AEC3-0D8C2B4946B5.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah man I'll be there!

Got the FN2 front brakes fitted this weekend. Stoptech discs and yellow stuff pads. Got the rear brake discs and pads changed for new OEM items too. Feels amazing now, stopping power is epic.

Good brakes are worth of a 100BHP on track, should be a lot better! :)

Should have got some proper pads like Carbon Lorraine :p

You'd then be able to shout 'OM NOM NOM' everytime you brake as you hear the pads devouring the discs :D

Yellows aint that bad and on a car as lightweight as Nath's should never have any kind of fade at all.

Of course CL's, PF's and Pagids are in a league of their own but really for more serious track dedicated stuff and they also have a price to match. :)

Realistically I don't do much "on it" driving as most of my commute is on the M6, so a pad that needs a lot heat in before being effective isn't the best choice for me.

Also the discs are on the wrong way around, thanks to rjk spotting that one. So getting them changed over tonight!

Last edited:
I had them on my ST. they were utter garbage. oem ford pads were better.

Maybe they have changed, when I tracked my millennium falcon mileage 525i SE, I threw on EBC yellow stuffs the night before.

Car ran the whole day on track, absolute no issues at all and zero fade. So you either got unlucky or they are no longer made to same quality. No issues from cold either!

I'd not fit anything EBC to a car I own now as I am a snob and I am an elitist track driver so can only use the same pads as professional racing drivers. ;)

They look smart.

I always wanted the JDM mats for my EP3.
The quality is so good. typical honda overengineering.

I presume judging by the box, you got those direct from Honda? If so how much did they set you back mate, as I'd like a new set for my FN2...

These are Honda Access mats from Japan. They were discontinued a few years after the S2000 ceased production. Hendy Performance managed to arrange a group buy on the S2000 forum and got Honda Japan to make a limited run again.
They are eyewateringly expensive but with the long lead time I just paid them off over time.

I have no idea if Honda make a 'JDM' mat for a non JDM car. you're probably best asking on Civinfo or something.

edit* looking on Honda Access JP, they do appear to list the FN2. maybe they have products for them.
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/civictype-r/euro/

edit 2* Honda only did one type of mat for the FN2 - 08P15-SMT-522. you're looking at £100 for a set.

#swag
#blessed

feeling blessed...
*unfriends*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom