Type R and VTEC owners

Muffin`hows engine after braking it in ?? Ur at japfest this sunday by any chance ?? Nathan is coming in CRZ i think. Bit stupid i could have given away free 30 minute track time i had booked 4 months ago. But since panther is going in for the job i have spare novice track session ticket for 11.30am O well to late now :/

Last edited:
Good move.
The decat adds a surprising amount to the way the car drives. Plus noise at the top end is a little nicer.

I'm sure your flashpro will get some more advantages from it than my bolt on approach.

Muffin`my bumper is on cable ties all cracked from curbs and two trips off track.
Cause Race car :D

Black panther is in garage for my engine job. If it goes good i should have it back next Saturday for braking in :] Guy had hes own 350hp civic stranding about and customers 440hp one. Giving me written warranty for 10k miles and with my motoring its 3 years of driving. Good enough id say :]

rjkoneill i like 100 cell cat more cause it sounds awesome

Last edited:
Do the Toda or J's offer more than 10bhp? They are both £1200 new, Berk is £400.

Seriously, unless it transforms the way the car drives or sounds that is an insane amount of money for 10BHP, you might as well save until you have £3000 or so and go the FI route and gain 100+ more horses. :)

Yeah, the Berk turned out to be very restrictive!

In my opinion the F20 is a sublime engine as standard, and is widely known to be tuned well out of the factory. More so than most other NA engines, you need to invest serious money to get any worthwhile gains!

Do the Toda or J's offer more than 10bhp? They are both £1200 new, Berk is £400.

More midrange really, top end gains are minimal. But this is where you make an F20 quicker, throttle is nicer with manifold and decat.

Even with throttle bodies an F20 doesnt do much at peak.

Last edited:
thats the main reason im leaving mine alone. perhaps a cat back exhaust to add some noise.

I like the Js manifold but feel that £1000+ would be better spent elsewhere.
Like on forced induction at a later point :p

Back
Top Bottom