Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
I don't mind driving my EP3 on motorways, the ride is fine but I've always had modded cars, main difference being this car is waaay more stable at speed than any other "hot hatch" I've had.

Get about 35-37mpg on a motorway run. Around town about 28-29.

Soldato
Mine hates the day to day driving and returns ~220miles to a tank.

The other weekend on a PH run I managed 140 miles to half a tank, and this run involved...... a few VTECs :)

These cars love to be given a real run and have the comwebs blown out the system!

What are you doing wrong for day to day! Every week I get ~280miles from my tank before the light comes on, and if I want to push it I can do over the 300 miles. And yes I do go into vtec every day.

Soldato
Hey guys, i picked up an 07 civic type r GT at the weekend. Loving it so far! I got the car from a wee garage and well, they didnt tell me really anything about what the car all had haha. But from what i was reading the 07 ones dont have an AUX port? If not, is it easy enough to fit one?

my mates got one and well erm he has a wire dangling out the side of the headunit so mebbes you can google another way of doing it likes

maybe some how re-route the wire to the glove box some how

Caporegime
What are you doing wrong for day to day! Every week I get ~280miles from my tank before the light comes on, and if I want to push it I can do over the 300 miles. And yes I do go into vtec every day.

Length of 'day to day' journeys is a massive factor here.

Soldato

Town and traffic :/

But you go on the Motorway from what i remeber you saying.

Need to get a new exhaust sorted, new intake then get is mapped with an S300. That should sort improve economy and power across the range :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Has that group buy all gone through? How much is it costing? Can/Are you getting a RR done before and after?

We've been to see the man but he's busy over the next month+ building the Hillclimb car.

Hopefully we can get it rolling again in May. I might stick it on the Dyno and get a before/after, but unless it's on the same day then results could be variable. Plus it's £50 to get that done :p

Caporegime
We've been to see the man but he's busy over the next month+ building the Hillclimb car.

Hopefully we can get it rolling again in May. I might stick it on the Dyno and get a before/after, but unless it's on the same day then results could be variable. Plus it's £50 to get that done :p

He's missing a trick there, the market is flooded with after market parts with dubious gain claims. A water tight before and after claim OEM to modified could see him plenty of orders :p

Associate
Just thought I'd share a video of my recent outing at Bedford Autodrome.

If anyone can tell me how I post the video and not the link it would be great cheers.

Matt

Last edited:
Soldato
My blasted drivers window regulator cables have just snapped! Has to be when it's pitch black, the up cable has gone... had pull the car to bits to get the window up bodged stylee... god knows how much this is gonna cost me, this is supposed to be the kind of thing which happens to shoddy VW Golfs, not Honda Civics! :(

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like I will be joining the ranks of EP3 owners soon, when I get shot of the current fleet anyway. Took one for a test drive last night and was very impressed with how refined it is for a relatively performance oriented car. The owner had kept a book of mpg records and was regularly exceeding 40mpg, though to be fair he did say he cruises at 60-65mph on DCWs and motorways, so I'm fully expecting to get ~30. Performance is surprisingly good after driving my ZS180, though still feels a bit weak compared to the Fiat Coupe 20VT.

Interior plastics etc.are a bit nasty, but I can live with it, and it felt utterly solid with not a single squeak or rattle (more than can be said for the MG and the Fiat!). Four new Continentals on it as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looks like I will be joining the ranks of EP3 owners soon, when I get shot of the current fleet anyway. Took one for a test drive last night and was very impressed with how refined it is for a relatively performance oriented car. The owner had kept a book of mpg records and was regularly exceeding 40mpg, though to be fair he did say he cruises at 60-65mph on DCWs and motorways, so I'm fully expecting to get ~30. Performance is surprisingly good after driving my ZS180, though still feels a bit weak compared to the Fiat Coupe 20VT.

Interior plastics etc.are a bit nasty, but I can live with it, and it felt utterly solid with not a single squeak or rattle (more than can be said for the MG and the Fiat!). Four new Continentals on it as well.

Nice, I keep trying to convince the Gf to get one, but she wants a white FN2 :(

Back
Top Bottom