Type R and VTEC owners

photo-3-dynamics-build.jpg

NGTC fixes that :p

Haha I'll stick to my Citroens actually. Prefer driving a £500 Xsara VTS to a EP3 type R.

I know I'm probably the only person on this planet to have this opinion so happy to receive plenty of abuse especially on a Honda fanboy thread :cool:

Hi lads, thinking of getting a type s early next year. I've had a 1.25 W reg fiesta since last october and I like the look/spec of the type s, the 2.2 diesel is looking great. 07/08 year. Thoughts as it would be my second car? I'm 25.

Hi lads, thinking of getting a type s early next year. I've had a 1.25 W reg fiesta since last october and I like the look/spec of the type s, the 2.2 diesel is looking great. 07/08 year. Thoughts as it would be my second car? I'm 25.

If you need a diesel for your mileage, go for it!

You have to drive them really carefully to get MPG and sit at 65-70. This can result in 55mpg in warm weather.

Otherwise expect 44-45mpg by driving 'normally'.

I know this may sound obvious but don't expect 50mpg just because it's a diesel.

Other thing to watch the earlier (pre 2010) is the clutches

You have to drive them really carefully to get MPG and sit at 65-70. This can result in 55mpg in warm weather.

Otherwise expect 44-45mpg by driving 'normally'.

I know this may sound obvious but don't expect 50mpg just because it's a diesel.

Other thing to watch the earlier (pre 2010) is the clutches

So you're saying the 1.8 is the one to go for?

MPG was just a bonus with the diesel, I just liked the idea of the overtaking power of the turbo and the extra torque.

So you're saying the 1.8 is the one to go for?

MPG was just a bonus with the diesel, I just liked the idea of the overtaking power of the turbo and the extra torque.

As above try both, they are both fairly similar in terms of economy unless you spend all day on the motorway at 65.

Both cars have identical power outputs so are as capable of overtaking as each other. The real benefit of the diesel is if you want to map the car which is cheap, easy and pretty safe especially if it has a 2010+ clutch. The extra power was welcome in mine but I ran the car standard for a good wile too and it was ok. The 1.8 is pretty horrendous in terms of how much power it feels like it has (if that makes sense), but in reality you just need to drive it properly.

Back
Top Bottom