Type R and VTEC owners

Is yours the Tourer? If so the boot will have its own ECU and the lock mechanism weakens and ECU reads it wrong, sometime disconnecting and reconnecting your battery will make it work again a sit resets it.

It's a 2005 EP shape Civic Type-S.

I saw a post about fiddling with the external level for the boot, pushing it towards the car. Will it lock with the key?

It's a 2005 EP shape Civic Type-S.

I saw a post about fiddling with the external level for the boot, pushing it towards the car. Will it lock with the key?

doesn't have a key slot. I tried holding the boot lever and unlocking/locking but didn't reset it, boot lock makes no sound at all.

I might try a drivers door lock actuator, i'm not entirely sure what they do but maybe it isn't sending power to the boot lock?

If the sound in that video is anything to go by then it sounds pretty decent. Can imagine it being drony though unless they're using some form of flappy exhaust technology.

got to say the new type R is starting to grow on me, still not sure on the whole turbo, wont be able to afford one for another 4-5 years anyway when they go to the 8-10k mark, think it would attract too much attention for me though, would be scared to leave it anywhere.

I don't think these will drop to 10k in 4-5 years.

Depends how many they sell I guess. No reason why they won't depreciate like any other car (i.e. 40-50%+ in 5 years?).

They'll be plenty to choose from on the second-hand market which will bring the prices down:
M135i
M235i
M2
Golf GTi
Golf R
Focus ST
Focus RS (not sure when/if it's due)
S3
RS3
S1
RS1
Pulsar?

I can't see it having a cult following like the mk2 RS and even the mk1.

Back
Top Bottom