Type R and VTEC owners

This is something I was looking at doing on my newly purchased s2000 - mines drivers side missing. Not sure there's much point though and tempted to remove?

To be honest i owned the car for 5 months before i even noticed it was missing, washed the car a few times and thought something didn't look right but could not work it out, only reason i noticed was because i nearly caught the front bumper parking up with a curb in front of the space so i looked to see if i did any damage, but after i noticed it was doing my head in so had to sort it.

Fitting it was not too much of a problem cut a piece of stainless steel the same size and shape as the top of the strake and drilled and tapped the hole to match, put the metal into the hole where the old mount had broke off and its now wedged tightly between the new strake and the liner.

All in all im glad i did it for £27.

Regards to removing the remaining one, dont see a problem with that, i noticed a lot of s2000's i had seen pictures of didn't have them, especially ones that had been lowered

Last edited:
It certainly feels quicker now than it did before. Probably the placebo effect of the exhaust but who cares.
Pulling off the roundabout at about 1 min 10 secs felt like it pulled really well right through the revs.

VTEC crossover is a bit smoother. I didn't get the exhaust for the performance, just wanted some extra noise and I have that.

I can now look at getting the map sorted now the decat is on. :)

Chris that Fujitsubo sounds unreal!!!:D I have to admit that would be too loud for me though, especially on the overrun.

I kind of want a single exit exhaust when my OEM one starts to corrode/blow. Fortunately the pre-facelift rear bumper suits single exit better due to the cut outs.

We changed the diff and gearbox fluids last night. Noticed the diff has a couple of fins missing. Anything to worry about?:confused:

edit: seems not
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/728989-cracked-diff-heat-fin/
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/713450-broke-a-cooling-fin-on-the-differential-housing/
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1083604-diff-fluid-change-issue/

Last edited:
As nice as some exhausts sound, I cannot justify spending loads on pre built exhausts from Japan when I can get superior made custom for over 60% less. My Meercat was the best I ever had and I'd even consider driving to Kilbernie for another one if I had a car that warranted such a long trip.

You won't get customs beating proper jap exhaust. They are expensive but have had development behind them. Especially stuff like Toda and Js racing.

Don't agree, the J's racing 60 or 70 RS I saw for the FN was absolutely dreadful, didn't even fit properly and TDI ended up getting a J's rep in it was that bad. The misconception that Jap stuff is better is something I've never really bought into, especially after the issues I've seen with the Toda A3 cams on FD2 for starters.
To be fair I'd also be trying to convince myself my Jap item was superior after forking out a large some of money for it. I'm not aiming this at Chris btw.

Don't confuse the fit has anything to do with gains/power/noise.

Sure a custom might fit better but it's still just been made on site with no R&D and no gas pipe/flow calculations

Don't confuse the fit has anything to do with gains/power/noise.

Sure a custom might fit better but it's still just been made on site with no R&D and no gas pipe/flow calculations

Agree but that depends where you go again. Still, an exhaust is hardly making a big difference on a Honda. The TDI 3" seems to get good results on boosted cars though as well as non boosted when mapped properly.
Still talking tiny figures.

Muffin, I have no love for lots of my customers but I still wouldn't sell a **** product to them.

I belive this notion that JDM is better is outdated and misguided. Except for Mugen oil filler caps because you know, helps increase pressure or something.

Last edited:
A 3inch exhaust will do nothing good for a 2.0 NA honda !

There is a reason I have a toda manifold on mine. And it's not about peak numbers, an eBay manifold would have been cheaper for the bling

Back
Top Bottom