Type R and VTEC owners

As it stands, and if its legit in that spec, that's an £8k+ car.

I would ask why the wheels aren't correct as well as inspect it for crash damage as it screams sly accident repair imho.

As it stands, and if its legit in that spec, that's an £8k+ car.

I would ask why the wheels aren't correct as well as inspect it for crash damage as it screams sly accident repair imho.

Exactly that. If it's legit then I'm buying it. Even WBAC on that car is over £6500.

MOT passed, advisory on rear brake disc corrosion which will be replaced before I go to Rockingham on March 7th. They washed it too :D

The RNBP surely has something wrong with it. Might be worth a punt if you're prepared to spend some cash on it... go and see it and let us know!

Going to see an FN2 on Monday. 57 plate NHB GT. 65k ,FSH, integrated nav and a load of other gadgets. Also lowered on Eibach ABP-30 springs and recent geometry with fast road setup. Looks in decent nick and seems to be owned by a sensible chap. Ad is up for 6750, hoping to haggle down to around 6300 or lower, seem like a fair price?

Any specific things to look for? Aware of the 3rd gear syncro issue, rust at the seals and clicky subframe. Anything else? Are valve clearances done at 75k? How about belts?

Cheers.

£6.3k sounds better, not sure I could get £7k on my car which is two years newer (but no nav)

Clearances at 75k along with box fluid and fuel filter from memory. It only has an aux belt so it's not particularly important.

Most important bodywork check is for the rust along the roof to widscreen edge as Honda are becoming awkward about fixing this. At the money I'd want it to have an impeccable history and reasonably recent front end respray too

Got my spoiler back from the paint shop should have got it back thursday, but the guy had to smooth it back down again and re-paint it as i was not happy with the finish, since marks that were on the spoiler already before the spray were still showing through, colour match looks to be bang on against the car, i have drilled the holes ready to fit it but just waiting for the touch up paint to dry!

Pretty pee'd off at the moment, been running an ATR for the past year and half since selling the s2000. Paid 2k for it, sound mechanically, good history but paintwork needed some TLC and wheels needed a refurb. Got the wheels done not long after i got it however soon after during a tyre change some wheel monkey manage to chip and scrape the front two alloys, got nowhere arguing with them so just drive off in a huff. Not long after some lovely chap decided to key down the entire driver side and another incident someone caused damage to the rear bumper causing it to crack, of course they left no note or anything. That kind of scuppered my plans for the paintwork as it just kept adding up.

Last week during the bad snow i was clearing my windscreen and as moved the wiper blade the plastic part sheared off the metal arm causing the metal arm to whack into the screen cracking it.

To top it all off just the other day some dozy female almost missed her junction coming off the motorway and came to a complete stop on the carriageway, I of course hit into the back of her, my fault I guess for not reacting quick enough blah blah. Lucky there was hardly any damage to her car so she was quite happy just to forget about it and apologised. Front end of my car is pretty mangled, side lights don't work, bonnet bent and front bumper/splitter cracked and scraped.

MOT is due end of Feb and will probably need a decent amount of spending to get it through and just don't know if its worth it. Considering just scrapping it and buying something else to tide me over for a while. If i had the time/storage I would break it for parts but it's just not an option at the moment. Been looking at FN2's and EP3's

My aim was to buy a Fiesta ST later in the year once the price hits around 10k.

Long and short I cant make up my mind what to do. Fix up the ATR? Scrap it buy another Type R of some sorts? Buy a banger for 1k?

I've looked at and test driven various cars over the years, GTI's previous gen focus ST's, MPS's etc but they don't really hold my interest. Sold the S2000 due to needing more space, previous to that had a 350z and prior to that a DC2. Help me OCUK.

It sounds like the car needs more spending than what it's worth to keep it going, is it worth it?

ATR's are nice cars, but long in the tooth now. Saying that, finding a decent one is hard work.

Scrap it and pick up T-Sport for £1500ish until you're ready for the ST. its still high revving but it will be a pfl for that money and the handling will be absolute toss compared to an ATR but it will be reliable and cheap to run with a decent interior to tide you over

I picked one up last November and only intend to keep it until August/October when hopefully I intend to get something much newer

Its also quite liberating not caring about it and parking it up anywhere you want, I cant remember if I have given the body work a look over or even washed it since I bought it :)

Back
Top Bottom