Type R and VTEC owners

What's the problem exactly? It wasn't marked in the service book, I just had an invoice from PA who did the work.

All I did over the summer was drive the car hard, I wanted fresh oil in it for the winter. I've done less miles in it due to my work situation than I expected to do. Again I don't see the issue?

No issue. Just seems odd you are worrying about servicing it properly according to Honda schedule then just doing a random oil change.

No problem but then you are indicating many times your quite indecisive. Jack in Swansea is now ok for your roof.

You havent even said which service is due (milage/age?)

No issue. Just seems odd you are worrying about servicing it properly according to Honda schedule then just doing a random oil change.

No problem but then you are indicating many times your quite indecisive. Jack in Swansea is now ok for your roof.

You havent even said which service is due (milage/age?)

I don't see the point in paying just under £1000 when I can get it done for just over £300 (including fuel etc). Having read into it I have seen as many bad reviews about monsoon as I have Jack.

Either way my roof needs changing, so I'll take my chances.

I need to check my service book/folder when home.

I think in April 2013 it had the spark plug service.
Then April 2014 the one after (obviously).
So I think it needs a tappet service none spark plug.

rjkoneill I have sent that bull****ter rude message about false advertisement. Hate this crap.. If it at lest was Chinese Mugen copy :/

i dont think its false advertising, i just think they dont know.

the price is still dreamland though

I think 06's will go over well £10000 as we get towards the summer,

potentially mate yeah, I got offered £10k for mine by some badman at a car show last year :p

i think it depends on what the market is like in the summer as last summer there was very few decent examples for sale and the ones that were for sale were insane money.

I think it was loltim on here who had a major battle finding a nice quality cheap PFL whereas the year before you could take your pick of nice cars for sub £5k.

From my Mechanic cause talked about them K20s :
timing chain stretches and makes mincemeat out of the valves We done almost 30 so far, and 4 this year !!!!

I have a new chain, guides and tensioners for my EP3 to fit, as mine is just starting to rattle very slightly with 117k on it. Quite expensive from Mr Honda, but this is one application where I'd never consider fitting cheap aftermarket parts.

I don't see the point in paying just under £1000 when I can get it done for just over £300 (including fuel etc). Having read into it I have seen as many bad reviews about monsoon as I have Jack.

Either way my roof needs changing, so I'll take my chances.

I need to check my service book/folder when home.

I think in April 2013 it had the spark plug service.
Then April 2014 the one after (obviously).
So I think it needs a tappet service none spark plug.

54k miles is spark plugs and valve adjustment

What he makes up for in repair costs he'll be spending on fuel - those 2.4 units are THIRSTY for how little power they produce compared to the EP3 / ITR K20.

Not particular true, my Accord 2.4 Type-S would read at around 30MPG over the time that I owned it and my FN2 26MPG doing the same mileage and the same commute

2007 honda s2000 in WHITE, apparently a UK car, that is not wrapped or resprayed?

As far as i am aware the only uk s2000 that was available in white was the GT100 model, so either the seller is talking out his bum or the cars been sprayed/not uk?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-HOND...974?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa13a03ae

Or could it be a special order or something? First pre 09 white one I have ever seen?

Last edited:
54k miles is spark plugs and valve adjustment

Looking back, I had the gear oil, brake fluid and clutch fluid changed when I had the oil service done as it was a pig to get in gear at times. PA said the clutch fluid was fifthly, thankfully it solved the issue.

Invoices as follows for the past two services:
22/04/14 - £309.90 invoice from Honda (labelled 63k service, the car had 15k miles)
10/04/13 - £675.56 invoice from Honda (labelled 54k service, the car had 44k miles)

So it's due the 72k service next, which is meant to include clutch and brake fluid. :D

2007 honda s2000 in WHITE, apparently a UK car, that is not wrapped or resprayed?

As far as i am aware the only uk s2000 that was available in white was the GT100 model, so either the seller is talking out his bum or the cars been sprayed/not uk?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-HOND...974?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa13a03ae

Or could it be a special order or something? First pre 09 white one I have ever seen?

That trader is dodgy as they come. It's the old S20004U joker.

Looking back, I had the gear oil, brake fluid and clutch fluid changed when I had the oil service done as it was a pig to get in gear at times. PA said the clutch fluid was fifthly, thankfully it solved the issue.

Invoices as follows for the past two services:
22/04/14 - £309.90 invoice from Honda (labelled 63k service, the car had 15k miles)
10/04/13 - £675.56 invoice from Honda (labelled 54k service, the car had 44k miles)

So it's due the 72k service next, which is meant to include clutch and brake fluid. :D
72k is gear oil change too! :D

Vita if you want some VTEC kicks, get a 7th gen Accord in 2.4 Type S guise, owned by an old man or something and then fit a littlebo ECU. I would personally stay away from Civics.

I was umm'ing and aar'ing to get one. I would have made it a very last resort if I couldn't find anything else I liked. Ended up buying a 330i for not a lot of money, and low miles. Nicely spec'd too. I've vowed never to touch a Honda again.

New dizzy came so MAYBE will be ready for tomorrow.

He took my old tranny apart and
23.jpg

quote: The bearings broke, the main shaft also wore out and the housing cracked. Don't know how u made it to Birmingham.

rjkoneill That S2k does have some low mileage.

ITS BACK AND ITS BAD :D
Finally 6 weeks without car. Brand new Dizzy Left CV Joint Some bushings replaced and JDM S80 Gearbox. Now when i am rolling around town 30mph on 4th gear i got 2600rpm lol.
Muffin I can say difference is massive if u dont have GET ONE !!!

I dont remember when i had so much fun burning half tank of gas for no reason :D Now wash wax tomorrow and back in garage it goes waiting for next weekend.
Summing up thats bit over 3500 pounds invested in last 5 months Zeed is broke but gotta save up for remap now :) First thing is 380x or 390x when it comes out tho :P
Cant wait to take it around Donington on a sunny day :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom