Type R and VTEC owners

Got 2 tyres ordered, going to see how much the garage charges for fitting brake pads before i get them.
got Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39 theyre reasonably priced. was going to go with Goodyears but just booked a holiday so skint for now

Looking at Brembo rear pads and Ferodo DS2500 for the front.

KU39's are good for the money, had them on my EP3, good rain or shine and totally way better than T1R's!!!

Its like making the choice to be stabbed in the leg or in the hand though.

At the end of the day, you're still getting stabbed.

Last edited:
Can someone sanity check my cars value please? It's a 2003 S2000 GT (with hardtop) @105k miles. Full history.

Pistonheads/Autotrader etc seem to suggest between 5 & 6k, I'd like to take 5.5k. Ambitious?

Cheers, I'd had in my head list at 6k and take a bit lower. I've got a new car coming next month, so I don't want to be waiting around ages to sell for top dollar. I've been assuming it'll go reasonably quick though as there's not a load for sale.

Supercharge the S2000 or just sell it and get another Evo?

Depends. Which Evo? :p

In other news, valve clearances doen on the DC5 - barely needed adjusting apparently. A quick health check also highlighted that both bushes on the rear ARB have a fair bit of play, so new bushes on the way :D

It'd have to be another IX.

Saying that I could buy an old V to replace the accord and use it as a daily, from two weeks time I'm only working 5 miles from home. :)

Last edited:
Soonish I'm going to see and test drive this EP2 :http://www.gumtree.com/p/honda/honda-civic-1.6-vtec-sport/1101394393 I will get this car checked in Honda to just make sure everything is as the seller said.

Health check at the Honda Service is £69 which covers most of the checks "to make sure its safe for you to drive" is what the lady over the phone said.

Edit:

Supercharge the S2000 or just sell it and get another Evo?
Wouldn't an evo cost more in terms of servicing and running costs?

So, the FN2 needs a service. Last year I used the Fuchs Titan oil which was fine, it didn't seem to burn any during normal driving, and required the odd bit during track days.

What shall I use in it this year? :D

Cheers, I'd had in my head list at 6k and take a bit lower. I've got a new car coming next month, so I don't want to be waiting around ages to sell for top dollar. I've been assuming it'll go reasonably quick though as there's not a load for sale.

What's the bodywork like? Any sign of rear arch rust? I would have thought 6k minimum.

One of old mates used to have this
18564_106070392742157_6277896_n.jpg

It did 50 000 kms on Sc with nothing but standard maintenance :) Scary as f.... on wet road :D U can see bit of hes daily driven NSX on back to :D

What's the bodywork like? Any sign of rear arch rust? I would have thought 6k minimum.

About average I guess. There's a small amount on one of the rear arches that hasn't changed since I've had it, all the inner arches have been cleaned and treated with waxoyl to try and stave any rust off. It's still an 11year old car at the end of the day though, so time does take it's toll.

One of old mates used to have this
18564_106070392742157_6277896_n.jpg

It did 50 000 kms on Sc with nothing but standard maintenance :) Scary as f.... on wet road :D U can see bit of hes daily driven NSX on back to :D

WANT. (both)

On another note...All you S2K owners, what it like to live with? I'm down to two cars as my next buy so far: S2K or a GT86

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom