Type R and VTEC owners

Drove to Sheffield this morning to pick up the hardtop.

e2f110890a33895ab3e3f64607637a13.jpg

Fits well and the colour match is good. :)

Nice. That looks good, time to take it off soon.

Some of the garage pulley systems people make are good for easy fitting and storing it out of the way

I'll probably take it off when I get home tomorrow or Monday. But it's nice to have ready for next winter. Not many come up in the right colour and I managed to get it for £450 so it was reasonably cheap compared to others for sale.

I was going to keep that hardtop on for a week or so but I didn't expect 18 degrees and sunshine today, so I cleaned the car and then took it off followed by a drive around Coopers Hill/Birdlip.

Gs2U76I.jpg

byPiVOf.jpg

dRtraU8.jpg

Zc1skrR.jpg

orpfvH4.jpg

Brake pedal has gone soft so I need to figure out what's gone on.

Guys how much do you thing a 2003 Honda S2000 in silver/grey with 85k miles, hardtop and facelift wheels is worth? Assuming good condition and history.

I need a car asap and my mates said he will sell his but we haven't agreed a price, but going to go and have a look at it now. Prices are all over the place on autotrader etc.

Looking for new pads. Don't want DS2500.

Narrowed it down to two: CR RC5+ and Dixcel Z Type.

I understand the Dixcel are more of an all rounder but are nigh on as good for the occasional track day, however are a lot less noise and produce less dust.

EDIT - just noticed that the Z Type seem to be around £60 more expensive, so I may go for the RC5+.

Last edited:
I sold mine last month, very similar to that but with 105k on it for just under 6k.

Pre facelift car?

I'm selling mine soon (115k, '02 MCB w/ new roof, no hardtop though and has a tiny bit of lacquer peel in one area and not much sh as maintained myself from 69k) and didn't really know what to ask for it - can't decide if £4,5k is too much/little or about right :confused:

Luckily I've got the pleasure of buying the new toy first (Noble or V8 Esprit, deciding atm and also depends what cars come up etc) but need to think about the S2000 at some point as will need to free up that cash :)

Last edited:
Finally got around to changing the thingy in the engine bay I saw someone going in here.

Before:

691097cf457b9faa2648d6077f4723f9.jpg

b8d650697ac76f3fc7e5baf071cbb67b.jpg

After:

6fe0948ee23f75b5b732449985e271d7.jpg

2dc8aa8a7dcb4d526ef88e193edbdf19.jpg

Using Tegiwa bolts as they are cheaper than Honda and with them being anodised they shouldn't rust.

Ok guys finally got to install ES Gear linkage bushings
294.jpg

30 minute job and ITS ****ING MUST HAVE if you are driving hard. best 15 pounds mod for Your honda IF you drive hard :) Cant balive how nice gears go in while cornering now :D

And now ONE AND ONLY Biggest WTF of the year. While at ramp iw as looking around and found this ****er
293.jpg

Some **** that was working on this ITR pulled this one off !!!! I think it was like this since I gotten my dc2 !!! I had wheel alignment done 3 times as i do it every year and no one noticed !!!!! Not even MOT testers !!!

And i was blaming my brake calipers for pulling bit to the left while hard breaking. No wounder when left wheel was 3cm pushed forward !!!!!

Yet again proven me if you want something doing DIY at lest you pay ****ing attention.

Jesus Christ that's stupid.

You should have looked under the car sooner though :p

Toe arm should naturally be in the section where the exposed bolt is. Thread looks in good nick, but that toe arm bush looks shot. Keep the metal part of the bush as you'll need that still there if you're putting a poly bush in.

Had my left rear toe arm snap last year, we scavenged another and swapped the bushes over easily enough with a press.

Glad you got the gear linkage bushes done, such a difference to an already amazing gear shift :D

Back
Top Bottom