Type R and VTEC owners

Same intake but different seller. I paid £375 delivered from AquaEagle. I also bought the J's manifold from him. I did know about the other for sale, but forgot to check it again and just went back to someone I'd bought from who I had no issues with.

S2KIP i know if i would want to respray my cracked from curbs and speed bumps one its 100 pounds. But If i had new one i would drive slower so :P

At some point I will get one of those
9.jpg

Car used to have it cause there are still mounting holes in boot lid but ofc got sold before i gotten the car :(

But i doint care much about looks as long as its not rust :). Just Hammerite here and there i dont care :D

Last edited:
Got a slightly leaky shock on my rear drivers side, cars in for mot and service at honda end of may and im worried its going to fail, how bad does a leak need to be to fail? or will any sort of leak fail? im hoping for an advisory, but if it will fail im thinking of either getting some KW V3's or some OHLINS, they are both around the same price, my understanding is ohlins are better quality?

brightside229 i would rather be frightened to drive with broken suspension than care about failed mot :P

Honestly, it drives fine, no knocks, no strange movement etc, im just wondering if it will be and advisory or a instant fail, to me it does not look like much oil at all, and its only above the shock if that makes sense, not dripping bellow it.

Trouble is car is booked in for mot on the day it runs out, im just trying to figure out if it needs replacing to pass before hand, i dont really want honda to pass me a £1k bill for two new rear shocks, thats why im thinking KW or OHLINS, but dont want to splash that sort of money just yet if its only an advisory.

Last edited:
Got a slightly leaky shock on my rear drivers side, cars in for mot and service at honda end of may and im worried its going to fail, how bad does a leak need to be to fail? or will any sort of leak fail? im hoping for an advisory, but if it will fail im thinking of either getting some KW V3's or some OHLINS, they are both around the same price, my understanding is ohlins are better quality?

the KW will be better on track. the Ohlins better for all round use. everything i have read about the Ohlins suggests that they are much more forgiving.

Given the choice I would take the ohlins. Something I did consider myself but I cant really justify spending 2k on suspension. when they were £1300, it was much more tempting.

the KW will be better on track. the Ohlins better for all round use. everything i have read about the Ohlins suggests that they are much more forgiving.

Given the choice I would take the ohlins. Something I did consider myself but I cant really justify spending 2k on suspension. when they were £1300, it was much more tempting.

I have seen the ohlins for £1550, which is about £100 more then the kw v3, not sure if their are different versions of the ohlins

TBF, if the suspension on my S2000 ever gives up or needs replacing, I'll be getting a set of Ohlins. If they're good enough for Koenigsegg, they're good enough for me. :D

Largely illrelevant to a Honda suspension layout.
Ohlins and the like need servicing too.

I was bored on motorway earlier and worked out my car has done 557million revs. That's 1 billion combustion events. Pretty amazing Numbers really and that assumes in 6th everywhere

I would rather ohlins or KW than disgrace my vehicle with MeisterR like everybody seems to.do in S2Ki.

Either option isn't going to be bad at all.

I think for a road only car, the Koni + uprated spring option is the way to go really.

Last edited:
Who has meisterR? I'm not aware of many (unlike other Honda forums )

Bilstein PSS9s are well rated on s2ki and so are Koni units. I agree and don't see why people think they need coilovers for general road use

Who has meisterR? I'm not aware of many (unlike other Honda forums )

Bilstein PSS9s are well rated on s2ki and so are Koni units. I agree and don't see why people think they need coilovers for general road use

Well i dont think i need them, but at the cost of honda genuine new replacements, i guess i will need 2 rather than 1? i thought i would be better just getting some OHLIn or KW's as a bit of a upgrade if they need replacing anyway? also would be nice to drop the car a few mm, the arch gap on all 4 corners is a bit much for my liking

Last edited:
I would rather ohlins or KW than disgrace my vehicle with MeisterR like everybody seems to.do in S2Ki..

Gotta say I am fairly impressed with the Meister R offering for the Mk3 MX5 at least, can't comment on other cars. I know they are not going to be as good as Ohlins or the more expensive Bilstein offerings but they aren't bad at all, even rides quite nicely for the roads compared to most coilovers.

I've been in an MX5 like mine with Koni FSDs and lowering springs, I didn't think the ride was any better than mine really (with Meister R) and the owner of that car said the same when we swapped cars as well.

richyfingers If it goes for DC2 that car got something in it. Not sure what it is but i call it FEAR FACTOR. New cars dont try to kill me that much and cause of that they seem to be boring :P

Trip to TGM yesterday to have the following done:

• 81k service
  • Fit HEL lines
  • Fit boot spoiler
  • Fit Jazz washer jets
  • General health check

The car has had a bit of a tappety noise when cold, after Tom did the clearances this has now gone. Tom was not impressed with the HEL lines, in terms of how they fit. He had to muck around for a bit in order to get them on and I'm in two minds about whether to change them for some other branded ones.

Will had a look underneath and suggested I get it undersealed and get the arches wax oiled. There's no rust, but they don't have much of a covering from the factory so I think I'll get it done at some point before the winter.

Will had to drill my boot lid in order for the new spoiler to go on, something I wasn't keen on watching! The spoiler itself is subtle but does have an acute angle, so it's exactly what I'm after.

iBvtSzC.jpg

7BuembZ.jpg

uiI6ESJ.jpg

sWOT89U.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom