Type R and VTEC owners

I just had mine stuck down with 3m tape, was really solid and avoided and drilling. Looks good, much prefer the style than the high level one, don't really think it suits the S2000.

Now the proud owner of an absolute mint and I mean mint Arctic blue DC5. Has a few tasy mods, full DC sports system including manifold, AEM cold air intake and a K100. Around 245bhp. Its a total hoot to drive, very happy. Will get some pics up soon.

I'm considering an 8th gen Civic Type S as my first car. Is there anything know about them before looking to test one? It would be great to get some owner feedback on what to look out for on this particular model and the range as a whole if possible.

Forgot to mention it's also sitting on Eibach pros with a fast road setup. All the work has been carried out by Grinspeed and TDI North. Felt much more supple and pointy than any of the standard ones I drove, seemed to handle bumpy roads much better as well.

Previous owner also had the drivers side bolster repaired, it's not a perfect colour match as you can probably see but looks a million times better than a saggy bolster. Nobody likes saggy bolststers. He also had a little woolly hat to cover the gear knob so it wouldn't get scratched. Think I found a good un!

These are just the sellers pics, it's back on standard plates now.

Stickers will be coming off.

DC5 looks lovely!

How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? Are they still silly money?

Paid 8.3 in the end. Car only has 50k miles. You can pick ones up easily for around 7k but the ones I saw in that price range usually had issues that put me off buying. Lack of history, missed services, poor bodywork ect. As soon as I drove this one I knew i had to have it.

Can any S2000/DC5 Owners [looking at you richyfingers & Chris] give me an overview of what its like to own both and which you prefer?

Back
Top Bottom