Type R and VTEC owners

Got all of the component parts to DIY my own S2000 soft-top elastic band replacement!

Elastic, super glue, 20SWG piano wire. Still need to buy some patches to cover the areas which have started showing wear but hopefully refreshing the elastic will prevent anything further rubbing.

Also finally got around to silicone greasing the seals, been putting it off for way too long :o

What's wrong with your soft-top elastic?:confused:

The 2 bands which retract one of the upper bars are just worn and old. They have no elasticity left and have never been replaced since the car was new. There is a TSB for it at dealers but that involves removing the hood and drilling rivets and putting new ones in. It's DIYable and I am following successful attempts done by other owners. Basically with new elastic the bar retracts properly, stops fouling the vinyl top (and creating wear) and allows the roof to fold flat as it should.

Have a nose here if you are curious:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1019070-roof-mechanism-doesnt-fold-correctly-and-how-to-fix-it/

143.jpg

Knew something is wrong with transit... Smokes like mother****er every morning guess why... And still got it back to drive !!!!!

new R rear brakes this is a joke or what ?? Hub almost as big as disc. I know You brake with fronts but this looks TERRIBLE
17800268626_e081935510_z.jpg

**** me it DOES NEED THIS to even look descent...
$T2eC16ZHJIkE9qU3k7GiBRdVzCpF6!~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
The 2 bands which retract one of the upper bars are just worn and old. They have no elasticity left and have never been replaced since the car was new. There is a TSB for it at dealers but that involves removing the hood and drilling rivets and putting new ones in. It's DIYable and I am following successful attempts done by other owners. Basically with new elastic the bar retracts properly, stops fouling the vinyl top (and creating wear) and allows the roof to fold flat as it should.

Have a nose here if you are curious:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1019070-roof-mechanism-doesnt-fold-correctly-and-how-to-fix-it/

Checked mine this morning, they are floppy and tired. Looks like I'll be doing this shortly too.

Good to see that most of us agree that it looks worse than EBAY tuned ek3. Maybe its fast but WTF. Cant see anything in looks of this new R when concept was awesome.
New Focus RS wipes the floor with it.. Rather have new mustang AND I LOVE ****ING JAPAN !!!

The new CTR just looks so awful, the rear end really looks like something Barry designed in his shed for his 1.2 Corsa, what the hell were they thinking when they designed this POS.

I don't know why this continues to surprise and/or upset people. The last good looking CTR was the EK9 which was designed 18 years ago.

amirite muff?

Not with a 'proper' setup BBG etc. That said, a lot of hassle when yes could just get a faster out the box car.

I was in one with a cheap-ish diff (wavetrack iirc) and whilst it made a reasonable difference on a non FI car vs mine there's no way it could handle a turbo/supercharger and retain the level composure you'd want to be able to actually enjoy it.

I guess it makes a bit more sense if there's a well put together one for sale at sensible money, but otherwise you'd end up spending thousands upon thousands just to have a car that ultimately nobody else would really want!

Back
Top Bottom