Type R and VTEC owners

I wish you'd read my posts.

I had MZ's on the rear, I now have S001's. I did 7500 miles with MZ's on the rear before they needed replacing, from the summer last year to the other week so I know what they are like in all conditions.

I am running non MZ RE050 on the front, and I don't like them. My car understeers on most corners if I push it and the steering is wooly. I want to replace them with RE002's but my local fitter are trying to pull my pants down on price.

I re read your post and all it says is you have none MZ on the front. I assumed this meant MZ on the rear. The RE050 are a bit too hard for normal use. RE050A were better then superseded by s001

S001s are decent. I find bridgestones are hard but still don't wear that well. I did 6k on a set of S001 rears, get 10-12 on f1AS2

It's a shame Bridgestone can't do sizes that fit front and back on the later s2000s

Last edited:
Looking at tyres now my fronts are pretty much dead, priced up a set of Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 for around £400 for the set, any other tyres to consider for the s2k for around this price range? Also to XL or not to XL, i priced up the XL ones for the extra stiffness.

How is 'I personally don't rate them' a blanket statement?

Depends on the application

Perfect for the fn2, for example

I had them on the Evo, and while they gripped well they kinda ruined the drive of it. I put AD08's back on as soon as the bad weather was over and sold the F1A2's.

The F1A2's on my FN2 feel kind of spongy is the only way I can describe it, almost like driving on jelly wheels.
Not had other tyres to compare too though as the OEM's were not brand new when I got it.

So i ordered my new tyres from black circles, and the time came to have them fitted this morning, as soon as i got their i pointed out that i had no marks at all on any alloy except one, my rear right alloy, and they guy checked it over and agreed, he fitted the tires and all was good, the tires were covered in tire gunk as well as the rim itself they sprayed some cleaner on them and sprayed them with a jet wash, but still they were gunked up, i also decided while i was their to book the car to have alignment, not that i was having problems but because i had lowered the car and knew it would be slightly out, they could not do it then and told me to come back at 1pm, so i went to work and then came back at 1 for the alignment, upon driving home i noticed that now i have to have the car wheel pointed to the right as if it is totally straight the car goes to the left.

The alignment cost me £96 - So i am not happy, it drives worse than before with my old tires.

I am going back tomorrow to complain but i see problems..

I signed all the paperwork after they had done, presumely to say i was happy with the work carried out? so they will say the marks was not made by them.

BUT i took pictures this morning of all 4 alloys before i went for the new tires so i have proof that the alloys were unmarked, i also took pictures of the alloys when i got home showing them still all gunked up.

So am i right in thinking i should A)get all my alloys refurbed for free and B) refunded for the alignment - dont think they knew what they were doing with the alignment so dont want to give them another chance would rather go elsewhere, £100 is top money for an alignment around here, so i didnt expect a cheap job, but it did take him 3 hours to align it as he had trouble releasing one of my adjustable rear toe arms.

2z3tpi0.jpg

rjikvp.jpg

29apb2p.jpg

nog2z9.jpg

these are just some of the marks, theirs basically marks all around the rim, these are obviously not caused by kerb damage as its not a scuff.

I don't see you getting anywhere with the alloys, so good luck with that one.

With the wheel alignment; it's becoming quite common that places "forget" to centre the steering wheel before commencing alignment, so once the alignment is done it looks completely wrong - they should correct this without much fuss.

I don't see you getting anywhere with the alloys, so good luck with that one.

With the wheel alignment; it's becoming quite common that places "forget" to centre the steering wheel before commencing alignment, so once the alignment is done it looks completely wrong - they should correct this without much fuss.

Even with photo proof? :( if they dont sort it i am going to make it clear its going to cost them more in lost sales than to refurb my alloys.

Back
Top Bottom