Type R and VTEC owners

For that money, I'll live with the ticking!

I just blasted the worm gear to get rid of it :p

Any s2000 owners suffered badly with rust? Looking it up for someone and it seems that it's a contentious issue on whether it's worth bothering with due to the double skin nature of the rear end. I presume any AP1 with no rust showing has been cleaned up at some point by now?

Not necassarily, depends on how clean it's been kept. Generall the rear arches go because they're mud traps which hold the moisture in. A good job can be quite expensive, but if values are holding or going up it might be a worthwhile investment.

Mine is starting to show signs underneath. Nothing substantial, and nothing around the arches. So I've got it booked in for a full underseal at TGM. It's not the sort of thing an ordinary car owner would be looking for so I can understand why some end up being quite bad.

Last edited:
Unsure about selling mine now, had a lovely top down (ofc) drive earlier today:(

I presume any AP1 with no rust showing has been cleaned up at some point by now?

Three options:

1. Cleaned every sunday by someone like mrk. Arch trims removed and put back on after being thoroughly cleaned and sealed.
2. Garaged during winter
3. It's been repaired.

edit: I'm talking pre-facelift btw, which is not to be confused with 'AP1'. I don't think facelifts are old enough to be rusty yet, unless neglected stone chips or something.

Last edited:
Any s2000 owners suffered badly with rust? Looking it up for someone and it seems that it's a contentious issue on whether it's worth bothering with due to the double skin nature of the rear end. I presume any AP1 with no rust showing has been cleaned up at some point by now?

i met up with 3 other s2000's a few months ago and all had rusty rear arch's, and one was a 56 plate, mine is a 55 plate and has no rust on the arch's but has a very small bubble showing under the paint, which i presume is rust starting to show? its not changed in the last year so im not too worried/bothered at this point when i get the car sprayed will make sure they give it a little attention but that wont be for another year or so when funds allow!

99.jpg

This is why JDM s80 kills mpg on motorways 5th gear 75mph :D

I got few bits going on my teg yet again. And front left bearing started to go :/

Correction is I drive in gloves all the time even to tescos 1 mile down the road.
I drive my van at work in gloves most of a day to.
I got 3 different pairs of running gloves. Depending on weather and temperature.
Gloves and glasses i love. I dont do gold jewellery of any kind tho.

You guys got to remember i drive my dc2 like i stole it. How many people you know that managed to rip bearing mounts in gearbox ??

Last edited:
MAybe my can gets taken out of garage Once a week but miles I am putting on it are hard. Thats why stuff keeps going on it :D
Summer time overtimes so Donington here I come :)

108.jpg

Only way DC2 should be driven :)

PDR dude has just de-dinged the S, pleased with the outcome.

Not pleased with the overly paranoid parking that's to come for months now. :D

How much did it cost? and was it a specific nation wide company or a local one? It seems no matter where i take my car to be worked on it gets a new mark/dent etc.

was reversing the car in the garage and when i got out i noticed that the front drivers side wing at the top now has a slight dent, took the car to honda for a service and valve check so i can only presume they did it slamming the tools down hard on the wing thinking the cloth they had down was enough to protect it, no point in going back now as they will just laugh at me as it was a week ago tomorrow, im dreading washing the car to see if theirs anything else :(

Take my S for new tires, comes back with all rims marked, take S for mot gets a dent on front wing, park the S in a car park away from anyone else and come back to a scuff on rear bumper, take my civic for new brakes comes back with missing paint and a big ding on the door, get it painted comes back crap. IM CURSED!

I know people that really dont care about their car, take it to the shadiest place to be worked on, park it in the busiest supermarkets and they dont get a single dent/scratch in 5 years!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom