Type R and VTEC owners

Unsure about selling mine now, had a lovely top down (ofc) drive earlier today:(

This is off the cards now. I'm moving house to within half a mile of my workplace, so I'll cover it up over the winter I think, after I've sorted the rear arches.

Loved having it this weekend with the sun:o The GF is now insured on it too and she loves it.

It's not so good through the winter. :D

Been thinking about buying a cheap RAV 4 to do the winter duty. Can also throw my bike into the back rather than using a rack on the S2000.

This is off the cards now. I'm moving house to within half a mile of my workplace, so I'll cover it up over the winter I think, after I've sorted the rear arches.

Loved having it this weekend with the sun:o The GF is now insured on it too and she loves it.

Noticed the sold sign the other week when i went past. Bet you're chuffed with moving! Congrats :D

To be honest, I wouldn't advice getting an FN2 with the built in sat nav as it limits your options if you're into your audio and stuff and the nav is pretty dated now aswell. I would rather get one without and put a decent double din headunit in. The satnav will be hugely better and the sound quality over standard head unit is hugely improved, even with stock speakers. Here's a pic of my interior with a double din, just to give you an idea: (Instagram pic hence the square format).

That's a fair point actually - with the genuine Honda surrounds they tend to look fairly oem too

11352200_1128077980541388_922390064_n.jpg

Finally got to install one of those tiny light batteries instead of half dead one i had. Went with kill switch saves me messing about with battery terminal each time i put it back in garage :D With all stuff connected in the car fully charged battery used to last 3 days b4 going flat :P

Personally then I'd look to spend £7-7.5k and try to get into a facelift car. Ideally with nav as the centre console is a little bit nicer and you get more info displayed on screen.

Keep £5-600 to get the front end painted if you buy a dark car, make sure its had the roof fixed under warranty and have a look behind the b pillar covers for signs of corrosion

Ignore the lol pricing of most cars on civinfo - my 2009 car with 83k only has a trade value of about £5k (maybe a bi t less) so private isn't going to be more than £6-6.5k at a push

thanks for the tips, will look about a bit more! could i ask what the differences between the pre-facelift/facelift cars are? comparison pictures would be handy! they all look very similar to me!

i do want something that will last me a few years, i dont change cars often so want to get a good example which i can move on in a few years for as much as possible

Noticed the sold sign the other week when i went past. Bet you're chuffed with moving! Congrats :D

Thanks mate! Chuffed to be moving but we'll miss this house. Not had any trouble here at all but it was only ever going to be a 'stepping stone' until we could afford to live in a nicer area:o

It's not so good through the winter. :D

I'll be walking to work. I drove it daily through last winter btw.

Edit: These RE002 are great. Loads of grip and the sidewall feels stiff enough. Dat tread pattern:cool:

IMG_0409_zpskt5qrhoa.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the tips, will look about a bit more! could i ask what the differences between the pre-facelift/facelift cars are? comparison pictures would be handy! they all look very similar to me!

i do want something that will last me a few years, i dont change cars often so want to get a good example which i can move on in a few years for as much as possible

Very little aesthetically- facelift cars have xenon's as standard but they're reflector types with the bulb caps. If you see an 09 and it has the little headlight washers under the headlamp units it will be a facelift.

They also have a USB socket in the armrest.

LSD in some of them, but I think it might be 2010 builds only (cw aside)

Last edited:

Facelifts have factory xenon headlights, Usb/Aux in glovebox, front headlight washers and 59/10 Reg cars onwards will have LSD so not worth the premium over pre 09 cars.

whats the deal with the supercharger then, I thought it was broken.

are tegiwa playing ball and supporting the product they sold now, its been broke for months.

Andrew was going to split the car when the old charger went but me and him agreed on a deal and I ended up buying the car off him. While in the process, the charger was collected by Tegiwa and sent to Kraftwerks USA who have replaced it under warrenty so the car now has a brand new Super charger on it. It went faulty roughly 3 months ago, the bearing was on it's way out but besides that it still drove fine and boosted fine. I'm happy with the car and it has a brand new charger on it so no complaints here :) He's got a pretty awesome brand new M135i now on a 15 reg. :D

Very little aesthetically- facelift cars have xenon's as standard but they're reflector types with the bulb caps. If you see an 09 and it has the little headlight washers under the headlamp units it will be a facelift.

They also have a USB socket in the armrest.

LSD in some of them, but I think it might be 2010 builds only (cw aside)

thanks mate :)

Andrew was going to split the car when the old charger went but me and him agreed on a deal and I ended up buying the car off him. While in the process, the charger was collected by Tegiwa and sent to Kraftwerks USA who have replaced it under warrenty so the car now has a brand new Super charger on it. It went faulty roughly 3 months ago, the bearing was on it's way out but besides that it still drove fine and boosted fine. I'm happy with the car and it has a brand new charger on it so no complaints here :) He's got a pretty awesome brand new M135i now on a 15 reg. :D

yeah I was wondering what the deal was with warranty more than anything. My concerns about kraftwerks are well founded then. Rules them out of any consideration should I ever go forced induction.

a 5k supercharger kit where the UK supplier refuses to act as an RMA base is pretty crap in all honesty. having your car off the road for a quarter of a year because you have to ship parts around the world in the event of a failure is unacceptable in my opinion.

yeah I was wondering what the deal was with warranty more than anything. My concerns about kraftwerks are well founded then. Rules them out of any consideration should I ever go forced induction.

a 5k supercharger kit where the UK supplier refuses to act as an RMA base is pretty crap in all honesty. having your car off the road for a quarter of a year because you have to ship parts around the world in the event of a failure is unacceptable in my opinion.

I'm surprised why Tegiwa didn't just deal with it except they sent it off to Kraftwerks. It's only because of that it took so long, oh well, car's got a brand new charger on it now so I'm not complaining :)

oh of course for you its a winner, assuming you will only move it on anyway. it was more for my own curiosity really as I predicted that Tegiwa would handle it in the worst possible way.

Back
Top Bottom