Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
Anyone used a machine polisher before?

Tempted to buy one and have a bash at getting rid of some scratches and swirl marks :)

Yes. The first thing I did was get the DA on my NHB! (Pic few pages back)

Took so long to get where I was happy but it was badly swirled up!

I used 3m Perfect it 3 range, Meguires SwirlX and a variety of different pads.

The final outcome was spot on although it took me almost 3 hours initially to find the right pad/polish setup. Found the Swirlx did the trick on a light cut pad followed by the 3m final finish polish then finished with 3m Marine wax.

The end result was fantastic. A deep black glossy finish.

Overtime about 1 year since I first detailed theres some slight swirling appearing (rushed weekly washes) so i've ordered some new kit and will be trying Poor Boys Black Hole and Meguires ultimate quick wax. :)

Soldato
Thats on all of those platforms though ;)

Learn something new everyday.

Currently sitting down and having a nice pint of Hoegaarden after playing with a 3.8 GT3 RS for 30mins across the island of Skye!

Completely lost the convoy who stopped for fish and chips! Woops!

:D

Soldato
Yes. The first thing I did was get the DA on my NHB! (Pic few pages back)

Took so long to get where I was happy but it was badly swirled up!

I used 3m Perfect it 3 range, Meguires SwirlX and a variety of different pads.

The final outcome was spot on although it took me almost 3 hours initially to find the right pad/polish setup. Found the Swirlx did the trick on a light cut pad followed by the 3m final finish polish then finished with 3m Marine wax.

The end result was fantastic. A deep black glossy finish.

Overtime about 1 year since I first detailed theres some slight swirling appearing (rushed weekly washes) so i've ordered some new kit and will be trying Poor Boys Black Hole and Meguires ultimate quick wax. :)

Im in the same boat as you! Nhb Ctr! Its only now the sun has come out to play that ive noticed how bad they are!

Where did you buy all the stuff from?

Associate
Im in the same boat as you! Nhb Ctr! Its only now the sun has come out to play that ive noticed how bad they are!

Where did you buy all the stuff from?

Tell me about it! NHB is nasty when you have swirls!

Mind you it really does pop the metallic flick when its up to standard!

I have acquired all my stuff from various online stores. Monza car care, Clean your Car, to name the ones I normally use.

Both shops have speedy delivery and the prices seem good.

1.7 litres rings a bell to fill the box.

Yeap can confirm about 1.7L. Use some tubing and a funnel from the top. Also get someone to poor it in while you check the fill bolt to make sure its going in and when to stop. Use the standard Honda MTF oil as well.

Oh and tips.... Lots and lots of rags/cloths to keep it tidy

Renew both fill bolt and drain bolt washers for new ones! :)

Last edited:
Associate
anyone know where i can get a caliper retaining bolt snapped mine yesterday chnging the pads :( they say it comes in threes so thats 2 things in a week after ages of not a blip from it,think its spat its dummy out cos ive not washed it for a month

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
If you already have one then get it on, they are easy to fit.

Not got it yet no but will fit it myself, ABP want £50 for fitting it which I'm not prepared to pay. If it was £20 labour added onto my frsu costs then I would just let them do it, but £50 is a bit much IMO for such an easy job

Tegiwa sell them and I have a 10% discount code for their store from JapFest so I may just put it on the order with my intake.
I need to call them and see if they will let me pick it up from them too as they are local so paying for postage is pointless.

If anyone wants the 10% off code for tegiwa then trust message me.

Soldato
Tour d'Ecosse 2012, What a Weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
That looks simply fantastic.

Any standout roads you would recommend? Myself and Nath were talking about a trip up there in summer,

Soldato
Welcome me to this thread :)

first ever honda and first ever vtec......

JDM Import S2000, with AEM Ecu, mugen exhaust, headers, and k&N mapped by some fella called Mase? now 270 odd bhp so the readout says

Have to say I was a little aprihensive going to collect as I have been used to lots of mid range torque and turbo cars..... this car is very nice to drive, good for round town etc and quick in vtec when neeeded

IMAG0168.jpg

Back
Top Bottom