Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Anyone own/ed a CU2 Honda Accord 2.4? And your opinions on the car? I've been looking at them a lot lately and really love the aggressive look on them, The plan was to try and get a low mileage CL9 Type S and throw a littlebo flash on it but I'm toying with the idea of a CU2 with a tune.

Man of Honour
OP
Yes, they will be, but neither will be a match for PS4 in any condition and I daresay tyre life. Michelins are known to get 20k out of them.

Soldato
Yes, they will be, but neither will be a match for PS4 in any condition and I daresay tyre life. Michelins are known to get 20k out of them.

I always assumed tyres are like shoes, you can have long life or good grip or a compromise of the two but never the best of both. They seem very grippy in the dry so far, and they look much better for clearing standing water than the re040s (they're asymmetric) so I'm not expecting the longest life out of them. I had about 15K out of the re040s.. Car is 14 years old now.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Modern tyres aren't like that. Pilot sport 4 are fantastic in wet and dry and the grip is superb. There will be people who tell you they aren't suitable for an EP3 as the sidewalls are soft, I've been running them on my car since the week they came out and they have been brilliant. The RE050a is ok but crap in the wet. Mediocre in the dry and the wear rate isn't incredible. They will feel like a huge upgrade from the RE040 though. They came on my EP3 when I had it and they were absolute trash

Soldato
Modern tyres aren't like that. Pilot sport 4 are fantastic in wet and dry and the grip is superb. There will be people who tell you they aren't suitable for an EP3 as the sidewalls are soft, I've been running them on my car since the week they came out and they have been brilliant. The RE050a is ok but crap in the wet. Mediocre in the dry and the wear rate isn't incredible. They will feel like a huge upgrade from the RE040 though. They came on my EP3 when I had it and they were absolute trash

I though the re040s were quite good in the dry, but wet and cold they did not cope with well..

Soldato
It's a pity you'd have to stare at the sheer horror of the thing as you walk towards it.

Maybe just moonwalk to the thing and use some blind touchy feely to get in.

Yuk

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I though the re040s were quite good in the dry, but wet and cold they did not cope with well..
Compared to what though? That is the important question. Yeah compared to a set of budgets they would probably be alright but they show their age when pitted against anything modern.

Permabanned
56 1.8 Civic i-VTEC.. I've seen a few people say to use good quality oil in these, does anyone have any recommendations?
Im using Millers Nanodrive 5w40 fantastic oil :)

I'm on the "FK8 looks awful" side of the fence. Parked next to one in my EP3 the other week, really highlighted how garish the new one is. It looks like it was designed by someone who used to submit cars to Max Power magazine...

I like it more than EP3 and FN2. Not as Good as FD2. Stil nothing clomes close to abomination of previous tajpu ARU with all Halsfords extras on it @ Stock. Think It is/was most ugly thing Honda created !!!

Back
Top Bottom