Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Hey guys, bought an FN2 about a month ago, a few weeks back I noticed a strange oil/fluid leaking from the rear bumper somewhere in the middle.... thought it was odd but ignored it, now its back again in a different part of the bumper, im totally bamboozled as to what it can be and where it is coming from? :(

fluid.jpg

Permabanned
Hey guys, bought an FN2 about a month ago, a few weeks back I noticed a strange oil/fluid leaking from the rear bumper somewhere in the middle.... thought it was odd but ignored it, now its back again in a different part of the bumper, im totally bamboozled as to what it can be and where it is coming from? :(

fluid.jpg

Not seen that before pop over to garage have a look on ramp id say

Dup

Dup

Soldato
There's nothing back there that has any fluid. The fuel tank is under the front seats etc it's all up the front.

Is it definitely oilly? Only think I can think is your back box has a leak and it's condensation from that maybe.

Soldato
Has anyone on here slapped a turbo on a K20? Would be nice to see how much everything costed.

Lots - I've looked into it before, just buy one that's already been done imo, you'll save thousands and there's always people selling.

Brakes, Clutch, Suspension will need doing
Then you're looking at least £4000 for the turbo stuffs.
Not sure on mapping costs for EP3s but £550 at least.

Slap on labour if you're not DIY.

Permabanned
Lots - I've looked into it before, just buy one that's already been done imo, you'll save thousands and there's always people selling.

Brakes, Clutch, Suspension will need doing
Then you're looking at least £4000 for the turbo stuffs.
Not sure on mapping costs for EP3s but £550 at least.

Slap on labour if you're not DIY.

sounds about right I'd say around 5000-6000 in total done in way it wont fell apart or blow up.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Yeah, Rotrex etc is about the same. You'd really need an LSD dropping in too

Tuning the K20 is is not a cheap exercise and IMO not really worth it unless you're going to be tracking it often.

The basic full manifold and exhaust, intake and Hondata + tune doesn't add much more power, but does change the driving characteristics positively (more torque and linear power band) and that can set you back £1-2k done right assuming you buy new parts. Best thing on an EP3 is a full fast road setup for the handling. K20 is quick enough for the road IMO.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
In other words, just get an 90's Jap car with turbo fitted from factory. Considering it was designed to have a turbo, chasing a bit more power shouldn't be that expensive, right?

Back
Top Bottom