Type R and VTEC owners

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I'd be very surprised if you could find a genuine EK9 for £5k. They've only gone up and up in recent years, as have the DC2 and DC5 Integras...

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Yep... Unfortunately the EK9's are getting rarer and the prices are going up massively. I've seen some pristine EK9's go for 9k+ :/

Soldato
Hehe looking for rays at cheap when i can get em. Want ps4s dunno if i can afford them :/ tax and insurance costs me.more thanni.make a monts as it is on this toy. Well wont have any holidays for next 2-3 years thats for sure

Good luck, can be hard to find at a good price sometimes. Definitely worth going for the PS4 tyres and they just universally great reviews. Or there are the Goodyear F1 Asy 3 to consider.

Enjoy the car! I haven't even driven ours yet as she's got it down south :p

Permabanned
That's a shame, drifting is fun... it's the only way I get any adrenaline rush in a car.
for me fun is getting from point a to point b fastest way i can. Was considering EVO for a while since im crap at driving.
For adrenaline kick can always drive like I stole it without seat belts. Then You know if You **** up You die gets blood pumping :).

Last edited:
Permabanned
Good luck, can be hard to find at a good price sometimes. Definitely worth going for the PS4 tyres and they just universally great reviews. Or there are the Goodyear F1 Asy 3 to consider.

Enjoy the car! I haven't even driven ours yet as she's got it down south :p

Could get a scraped to hell ones and respray like I'w done my TEG rims they looked great.... Till off track gravel visit :D
Ps3s i loved on my TEG. Sold all my mates on them tyres. Mate got em on CRZ other on fiesta st other on freaking corsa :D Pilot sports are GREAT.

Got this small clip of how it sounds. Well too quiet for Me sounds almost stock.
Driving around after i installed mishimoto intake last night and its so weird to drive. Feels like diesel with low rpm shifting :D Everyone knows that my cars dont do many miles but they are HEAVY miles. My ITR seen redline all the time and spent most of its live aboove 4500rpm with the 4.7fd tranny. In this thing barely pass 2500rpm. My Transit gets reved more than this 350z hahahaha

Sure know 1 thing. This intake woke that car up if all goes good ill should have that japspeed dual exhaust with test pipes on next weekend. Think that should get me to around 100db that im used to. Would keep it as it is if it was daily but its only 1 day a week ride so gotta be brutal and fun :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
for me fun is getting from point a to point b fastest way i can. Was considering EVO for a while since im **** at driving.
For adrenaline kick can always drive like i stole it without seatbelts. Then You know if You **** up You die gets blood pumping :)

You still have a metal cage around you though... I miss that adrenaline from pegs scraping or knee when I could be bothered to stick it out :p, rear end being twitchy as you come out of a corner. Nice straight, clutch it up and just ride out that straight on one wheel.

I tagged along with my mate, as he went to test his new drift project and that rush was similiar. Especially since he was quite close to the wall and he just scrapped the edge...

Edit:

It sounds good with stock exhaust, an aftermarket exhaust will sound naughty... :D

Permabanned
You still have a metal cage around you though... I miss that adrenaline from pegs scraping or knee when I could be bothered to stick it out :p, rear end being twitchy as you come out of a corner. Nice straight, clutch it up and just ride out that straight on one wheel.

I tagged along with my mate, as he went to test his new drift project and that rush was similiar. Especially since he was quite close to the wall and he just scrapped the edge...

Edit:

It sounds good with stock exhaust, an aftermarket exhaust will sound naughty... :D
It is aftermarket exhaust Cobra catback... Sounds TOO stock dont it :D

Still if u crash wuith no belts on u kill yourself on wheel or flyy out of car with windscreen kinda ;)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
It is aftermarket exhaust Cobra catback... Sounds TOO stock dont it :D

Still if u crash wuith no belts on u kill yourself on wheel or flyy out of car with windscreen kinda ;)
See that's questionable, my dad's mate survived a crash, only because he had no seat belt on. 2-3 years out of his life taken by operations and physio. But he's still here, the car looked like a crashed can of coke... The doctors and police told him the same thing, if you had the seatbelt on you would have been dead.

Its not so much about being loud, you need to find the balance between volume and the sound. It has to have a presence, but can't sound too raspy.

Associate
Hi, new to this thread. After some knowledge or advice regarding a gearbox on my FN2 type R which has been left at a Honda dealership for repair, and I can't work out why it's taking so long or whether they have done some damage during the repair. It went in to check the 3rd gear synchro mesh as it was an intermittent fault (hard to get into gear) which would be covered under warranty. Mechanic test drove it and agreed that there was something up. Other problems were the clutch fluid had gone very oily/dirty, and the clutch pedal was biting very close to the floor. It's been in for 10 days now for what they said would be a 2 day job. When I've been able to get in touch with them, they first said that the synchro mesh needed changing, so that was a relief because the warranty would cover it. Since then it's been one delay after the other, they said someone first fitted the synchro hub upside down (??!!), now they can't line any of the shafts up and it needs a new gearbox case (also ??!!). Called them today and got nothing out of them but that the gearbox was in pieces, the wheels were off and they were looking at the engine? My mind is going round in circles thinking of the possibilities, could they have damaged it by testing it with the synchro hub upside down, bending the crankshaft or ruining the diff or something?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Anyone had the inside window door seals drop in on the EP? My windows became rattly and the seals dropped in... I only noticed it today, when I cba to put music on for the 5 min trip to the corner shop. :p

It's a little bit annoying, I need to see, if I can fish it out and maybe do some ghetto fix or change them.

Edit

Found a fix...

Last edited:
Associate
I remember looking at an EK9 6 years ago when a pristine example was around £4k sadly I never bought one as I was working part time at that age. Same with the Civic VTI when and unmodified example was around £1600. Still waiting for one of those to pop up owned by somebody old who doesn't know what they are.

Associate
EP3 CTR guys, is it just me or is it hard to judge how much oil is in there with the dipstick? There's every chance it's not actually registering on the dipstick as I've not check it in that long.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
EP3 CTR guys, is it just me or is it hard to judge how much oil is in there with the dipstick? There's every chance it's not actually registering on the dipstick as I've not check it in that long.
Same on my EP2, checking the oil is a pain... Do you've twist and pull too? I have to twist mine half way pulling it out, stupid design.

Associate
Yeah, it's really awkward. I obviously parked on a flat and checked it when it was stone cold but I still can't work if I have an oil. I might just get an oil change done to be on the safe side.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Yeah, it's really awkward. I obviously parked on a flat and checked it when it was stone cold but I still can't work if I have an oil. I might just get an oil change done to be on the safe side.

Bare with me, I'll snap a photo of what it has to look like. Mine had an oil change when I gave it in around 200 miles ago, it doesn't take any oil so should be the same.

Edit:

You should see oil just below the top dot or a little above is fine, my engine is still warm and probably won't cool too quickly as its nice and sunny.
IMG_20180224_153736.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

IIRC it's generally recommended to run til it's warm, turn off, wait 5 mins then check on the K20s. You should still be seeing *something* on the dipstick though.

Back
Top Bottom