Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Well maybe not with re50s but good nick 285 delivered fronts shot ps3's rears loads of thread but some crap. For starters Ill get some descent used front's. Sell Stock rims/tyres buy something descent all around :)
Still dunno if i want 45 or 40 profile. I like bit more harsh ride. Not going Coilovers on Z just Tein springs should do the trick. Quite amazed how good stock suspension is compraing to apexi n1 coilovers i had on dc2. Well DC2 felt like gokart like it that way :D

Cześć!

Good job, they really do look a lot better and are a chunk lighter.

Looking on Oponeo you can get the following in 225/45/18:

- Goodyear Eagle Asy 3 for £114
- Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2 for £114
- Pilot sport for are around £140

See if you can get any of those parts used on ebay like you said, that's what i might try and do. I read on a few posts on the forum/facebook that a 40 profile can sometimes trigger an error on one of the systems. Can't remember which one though.

Permabanned
Cześć!

Good job, they really do look a lot better and are a chunk lighter.

Looking on Oponeo you can get the following in 225/45/18:

- Goodyear Eagle Asy 3 for £114
- Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2 for £114
- Pilot sport for are around £140

See if you can get any of those parts used on ebay like you said, that's what i might try and do. I read on a few posts on the forum/facebook that a 40 profile can sometimes trigger an error on one of the systems. Can't remember which one though.

Well for now I slammed used continental sport on front for 120 fitted pair. Get something sorted once I sell stock rims. Rears look like new but some cheap brand ill see what traction is like. Besides that dont want 40 profile not with lowering springs at some point. On tyre You loose over 10mm on just tyres and TEIN springs thats another 15mm too low for speed bumps :D

My rule is 20-25mph over the ******* things or car is USELESS :) Thats how I'w set up Coilover on dc2 thats how i want to have it on Z.

Give photo of 350z ya got then :)

The Integra DC2 --- > 350z Mini club hahahah

bd897a49519e4e9f.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys,

I bought a nice 104k miles, 2 owner NHB EP3 yesterday and am needing to get some new tires for it.

I'm only after a mid-range tire, no more than £75 fitted per tire ideally. I've found on BlackCircles the Kumho Ecsta PS71, but wondered if you guys had any recommendations before I get these please?

Thanks very much!

Associate
Ah interesting, thanks very much! I ended up deciding on these Kumho's for the time being as they seem pretty reasonable for the price point. After the car purchase I'm a bit skint, but later down the line I'll consider a more expensive tire when I can. Time will tell how the feel on the car. Currently it's got a 3 lower spec Michelins and 1 Continental, all eco ones I believe... so anything's got to be better than those!

Associate
That's a very good shout! I didn't even consider used tires :).

These Kumho's certainly shouldn't be crap though eh? A good solid tire from what I can see reviews wise. Time will tell I guess!

Permabanned
That's a very good shout! I didn't even consider used tires :).

These Kumho's certainly shouldn't be crap though eh? A good solid tire from what I can see reviews wise. Time will tell I guess!
Picked up 2 continental sport fronts like around 6mm fitted for 120 quid for DBZ machine where one new is 140-150. Then got aligement done for 30 quid. Sorted for now.
4fdffc6b93a6e5f1.jpg

But ye Pilot sports are Calling ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone here happen to have the OEM EP3 airbox and pipe up for grabs please? I need to place a crappy cone filter on mine and am on the look out.

Cheers guys :)

Associate
I'm always happy to have a good search around if it's worth while... grip is definitely a good thing :p!

It definitely didn't fill me with confidence running some eco tires on the car and it was spinning up very quickly too... Not driven much yet, but so far the Kumho's are significantly grippier. Much quieter too actually!

Also managed to find an OEM airbox/flexi pipe for £50 which is great.

Is there anything you guys would recommend doing on these cars mod wise that makes a good difference?

Associate
That's very true, there was zero actually said about them... time will tell how they are. I'm sure they'll be more than fine for my needs.

Last edited:
Associate
Spoon N1 back box on the way from Japan and just found out my b pipe was blowing. Straight on the phone to Honda and new b pipe and the 2 gaskets ordered for £210 all in. Not bad.

Need new drop links on the front and that should be me for a while.

NHB EP3 CTR is the way foward but I've got a Prem.

Back
Top Bottom