Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
They get parts made by others and literally stick their name on it. They sell Nardi wheels with a Spoon centre cap and up the price by £200 :eek:

Only things to give them credit for are the Intake Filter, Springs and Brakes (they were good when the car came out 12+ years ago! ;))

rjkoneill did you get just a Back Box or the B-Pipe too? Also what kind of ASBO are you gonna go for? :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Oh god no, not an N1.

I see these Civics driving around with silly loud exhausts and they are generally driven by knuckledraggers. Not saying you're one, just that the Chavic image is not a good one!

All an N1 does is take your money and gives you a headahce. Save your ears and money.

I am going to choose to take offence to your comments.
:p

a friend of mine has an EK9 with one on and it sounds ok to me. living with one? I don't know. it may be OK, it may annoy me but considering I got it for £190, it doesn't really matter if I run it for a month or two and decide to get rid as I stand a good chance of getting back all of the money I paid for it.

:(

creepywillywonkamemegen.jpg

:D

rjkoneill did you get just a Back Box or the B-Pipe too? Also what kind of ASBO are you gonna go for? :D

just the back box at the moment. going to try it out. I was going to get the bpipe but funds wouldn't allow.

I have not received my ASBO yet but I was thinking of just going all out and paint it "****head green"...

gallery3330295.jpg

:cool:

Soldato
I need some tyres for my eg6, no more then £45 a corner, can get them fitted for a pint or two (usually just slap on whatever budgets the local indy has).

Looking on camskill, what would you guys recommend from this link for 195/50/15's ?
( Just sort by price lowest first)

Was thinking the T1R and they are also the cheapest but read they aren't good in the wet and wear super quick so then I was thinking rainsport/experts but have found people saying they suck in the dry?
Any input appreciated

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Personally I'd pay the tenner extra and get the Michelin PE2, they last ages and are a good tyre.

Failing that within the budget the only ones I've really heard anyone talk about much are the Hankook V12, people seem to like them.

Soldato
Was thinking the T1R and they are also the cheapest but read they aren't good in the wet and wear super quick

Not in my experience, and I've had them on numerous different cars including MR2 Turbo, Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo, Civic VTi and ZS 180. Wet grip is very reasonable but not as good as premium branded tyres, and wear is comparable. The only real downside is the lack of stiffness in the sidewalls which isn't ideal on EP3.

Man of Honour
OP
The ATR has had its aircon fixed at long last, new condenser and new hose going from the condenser and it's sorted.

Also had the drop links changed all round and plan on getting some other bushes done in the coming months.

Soldato
Personally I'd pay the tenner extra and get the Michelin PE2, they last ages and are a good tyre.

Failing that within the budget the only ones I've really heard anyone talk about much are the Hankook V12, people seem to like them.

I agree, The PE2's on the DC2 are good, and are lasting very well.

Man of Honour
OP
I need some tyres for my eg6, no more then £45 a corner, can get them fitted for a pint or two (usually just slap on whatever budgets the local indy has).

Looking on camskill, what would you guys recommend from this link for 195/50/15's ?

Was thinking the T1R and they are also the cheapest but read they aren't good in the wet and wear super quick so then I was thinking rainsport/experts but have found people saying they suck in the dry?
Any input appreciated

http://tyretraders.com/tyreInformation|ItemID|CON19550R1582TPRECO2.html

These were fine on my DC2 for the price.

I've bought 4 tyres from tyretraders and they are excellent and more often than not cheaper than most online etailers.

Soldato
I am going to choose to take offence to your comments.
:p

a friend of mine has an EK9 with one on and it sounds ok to me. living with one? I don't know. it may be OK, it may annoy me but considering I got it for £190, it doesn't really matter if I run it for a month or two and decide to get rid as I stand a good chance of getting back all of the money I paid for it.

:cool:

Not too bad a price, at least you're not buying knew, so as you've said, won't lose much if anything.

Still:

What you hope it will sound like:
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...11.0.2.2.0.139.974.2j8.10.0...0.0.SaqUj0dQA3Y

What you actually get (phart phart):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC6EP3jjcmI

Soldato
Saw an awesome looking subtly modified FN2 Type R yesterday. It was in yellow with black alloys, tinted and various parts like the spoilers in black. Looked like a proper spaceship!

Also VTEC helped me teach an impatient idiot a lesson yesterday. :)

Anyone know if the ATR came without the brash big spoiler? I'm thinking they might make a good sleeper without it.:cool:

Edit: Something like this would be perfect

accord_type-r_03.jpg

Soldato

Any input appreciated

T1R's are **** on EP3's, my car had them all round when I bought it and I just killed them quickly as the grip was dire up front.

I cheaped out and put Kumho KU39 Ecsta Sports on after a lot of reading and for 70 quid a corner they are SO much better than T1R's! Good in the wet too instead of huge long 3rd gear burnouts with T1R's and a whole 150lbft of torque lol.

Spoon N1, noisy but nice, wont be too bad if only a backbox, but if unsilenced cat back it will be quite loud. I think mines pretty loud really but nice and deep, not raspy and wasp like, magnex cat back unsilenced b pipe.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Not too bad a price, at least you're not buying knew, so as you've said, won't lose much if anything.

Still:

What you hope it will sound like:
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...11.0.2.2.0.139.974.2j8.10.0...0.0.SaqUj0dQA3Y

What you actually get (phart phart):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC6EP3jjcmI

Lol, I've heard one on an ek9 and one on a dc5, they weren't as loud as I expected which is why I went for it tbh.

Like I say, it's a trial at first to see if I like it or not, no big loss if not

Spoon N1 is LOUD. Build quality is awesome though and it's so light.

That's the.reason I went for it. And it was cheap

Soldato
Knackersacks. I'm just getting all the paperwork together for my CTR, and have lost loads of receipts and service invoices. :(

The SH has a missing stamp in '08, when I decided I'd change the oil myself. At the same time it had LOADS of other stuff done (plugs, brakes, valve clearances and whatnot), but the book didn't get stamped because the mechanic who serviced the car didn't change the oil himself. I've lost all the invoices and receipts from around that time, so it looks like there's a hole in my EP3s history. All records of interim oil changes are gone also. I'm going to be putting it up for sale next month too. :mad:

Man of Honour
OP
Saw an awesome looking subtly modified FN2 Type R yesterday. It was in yellow with black alloys, tinted and various parts like the spoilers in black. Looked like a proper spaceship!

Also VTEC helped me teach an impatient idiot a lesson yesterday. :)

Anyone know if the ATR came without the brash big spoiler? I'm thinking they might make a good sleeper without it.:cool:

Edit: Something like this would be perfect

accord_type-r_03.jpg

Spoiler delete is a factory option on ATR's iirc. Unsure whether it's all models or facelift only though.

Back
Top Bottom