Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
I shall ignore the noise for now, I aint no mechanic, whats an input shaft bearing put simply?

I made the assumption of release bearing. Clutch is the original and on 71k now, getting a little awkward going through the gears quickly on the boil but as long as imminent explosions are not too near I can deal with it as I really want it lowered and FRSU over the next couple of months after me hols.

Cheers folks :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
got an air con service booked today, guy showed up and tested it showing loads of air in the system. turns out the fins on my condenser are all broken.

new condenser from honda is 400+
new once from euro car parts is 160

i can get it fitted for 40 and have the air con serviced for 60

i think im just going to get an exhaust and open my windows :o

Soldato
got an air con service booked today, guy showed up and tested it showing loads of air in the system. turns out the fins on my condenser are all broken.

I have the same problem, my condenser is in right state. I found somewhere online for about £100. £40 fitting seems good, is that from a local garage?

Man of Honour

No brainer surely, 260 quid for a regass and a condenser replacement is a bargain and you'll lose more than that selling a car with broken AC when you come to sell anyway!

Don
rjkoneill, try wanapart.co.uk

Send the guy an email if he doesn't list the condenser.

I found a brand new OEM radiator for £65 delivered from there. OEM wheel bearings = £30, most other places were about £70+

-Strangely, the 'Honda' section is missing the logo, so search for it :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;22274116 said:
No brainer surely, 260 quid for a regass and a condenser replacement is a bargain and you'll lose more than that selling a car with broken AC when you come to sell anyway!

it is a bit of a no brainer upon reflection. called around for quotes today and getting my mate to do it is going to work out at half the cost to get it done at a garage or something where they will likely charge me mental money for the parts too. he can sort the CVboot out too whilst he is doing it. :o

rjkoneill, try wanapart.co.uk

cheers bledd, but its 99 quid on there too. but....

£60 doesnt seem too bad.
brings cost to fix to around 160
i can live with that I reckon.

cheers for the link lee - owe you a beer :cool:

Caporegime
It's the biggest nail I've ever seen, and getting a car to look like a nail in a For Sale add is properly special. Wonder where his Spoon ECU is :(

interiordc2.jpg

Soldato
it is a bit of a no brainer upon reflection. called around for quotes today and getting my mate to do it is going to work out at half the cost to get it done at a garage or something where they will likely charge me mental money for the parts too. he can sort the CVboot out too whilst he is doing it. :o

cheers bledd, but its 99 quid on there too. but....

£60 doesnt seem too bad.
brings cost to fix to around 160
i can live with that I reckon.

cheers for the link lee - owe you a beer :cool:

No worries :D

Soldato
Think I have a coming issue with AC, when I turn key (engine not started) I hear a very short grinding noise, yesterday it did a squeal. Does not do this if I turn AC off and repeat same test. Not overly concerned yet but anyone got an idea?

Back
Top Bottom