Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
I know, thats what I mean, the Del Sol is a CRX, cant remember what the Del Sol part meant thouggh, was it something to do with the roof or were the JDM post 96 models called Del Sol?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
My £20 replacement condenser arrived today. its seen better days but appears to be leak free.

hoping to get it fitted this week and get a mobile AC place out to service the system.

also got an SFS hose for the Gruppe M over the weekend. should make things look a little nicer under the bonnet as well as getting rid of my tatty stock hose which i am convinced is on its way out.

I got rid of the scuttle panel which came with the intake as it was really poorly modded. fitted my new one with some new clips from honda and some billet screws and washers i got at Japfest. looks loads better now. will get some pictures when/if it stops raining.

finally got sick of being drenched and blown everywhere when I open my windows too. so after speaking to a guy this weekend, got some Team Heko wind deflectors.
I dont like wind deflectors and I personally think they look rubbish, but they were purchased for practical reasons and I think they look to be the best of a bad lot. The civic is the only car I have ever owned that I have needed deflectors. for £35, may as well give them a try.

I also got some new pedal covers from Honda whilst I was there as mine had worn badly.
Exciting stuff :cool:

Permabanned
523930_503498392999353_165738429_n.jpg

Had a nice blast around donington last weekend. Many nice cars showed up at JapFest 2.

There is some 30f track session on Silverstone in september from what i know. Will go 4 sure.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Have you had the condenser fitted yet?

yeah, the condenser is fitted but it turns out that even with the fins missing, the leak wasnt actually the condenser.

the pipe going into it is what was at fault. the only place to get a replacement is by going to honda and they want £90 for it. its a piece of pipe. i will get a picture of it so you have a clear understanding just how completely mental that quote is.

the new condenser is on anyway, im gonna wait until next month to get the pipe replaced though as i am in the states for most of august meaning the fuel costs i will be avoiding can be ploughed into getting the air con sorted.

its a bit of a pain tbh. if the new pipe doesnt fix it then im giving up on it as it is going to start turning into a money pit after that.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
its the join part. of the pipe that's sheared off. from what I gather it is the inlet into the condenser

will grab a pic tomorrow

Caporegime
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/523930_503498392999353_165738429_n.jpg

Had a nice blast around donington last weekend. Many nice cars showed up at JapFest 2.

There is some 30f track session on Silverstone in september from what i know. Will go 4 sure.[/QUOTE]

Nice, wern't one of the smokers were you? :D

I just did the whole Scotland thing. Jesus, it's God's country up there! (and wet)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0ujTy.jpg

zLUhZ.jpg

oK7fh.jpg

2iBMK.jpg

36Lgz.jpg

Soldato
My 6 year term of EP3 ownership will be coming to an end shortly. Just need to get it serviced and through an MOT and it'll be up for sale. I've barely driven it in the last fortnight as I already have its replacement - an E39 530i Sport Auto.

I will miss it, but am happy to have moved to something comfier for my commute.

Permabanned
Muffin`ofc it smokes :p steam seals need changing. It was a track car in japan :D spoon tuned ECU not ebay chip lolz. But since im doing around 100 miles a month in my teg its not worth doing tbh :p
With my massive radiator oil temps ware around 90 after 25 minutes of constant abuse :p
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/36408_140848389264357_5224354_n.jpg

I need 2 dyno it some day. I had 2 white tegs after me striped out roll cages. Could not catch up on str8 . And i was driving with my mate as passenger :D

My previous EG6
35917_136990546316808_5482808_n.jpg

ATM its my 5th Honda. Had 4 civics b4. Best drive ever. My mater Rx8 prodrive is **** compared to teg :p
Shame there is no car to upgrade from it tho.
Seriously i cant see a car on the market that i could change integra for. Cheap Insurance (550 this year YEY) Cheap Road tax ( 220 vs my mates 480 for RX8 ) Good MPG. Descent boot and you can actually have 2 people on back seats :D It is 96 year but with amount of money invested in actual parts not spoilers. There is nothing that can brake on it :D
Focus RS is an upgrade but : 1 not JDM 2 Cant afford.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
anybody got any opinions on this: HKS HI-Power 409

seen one for £250 but I cant seem to find much information about it.

not mad keen on huge cans at the back but if it sounds nice then it may be worth it

thoughts?

Soldato
I don't particularly like the angled look, and its massive! Then again I'm quite boring I guess as I love the OEM look. I've just got the OEM back box with one of Rob's unsilenced B Pipes and the sounds is much better than standard.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
see, i have emailled him and messaged him about them as I fancied a silenced one to eventually couple to an N1 when I could find one.

but the going rate of 200-250 for an N1 and another 170 for a b-pipe makes me think this may be worth a punt. the tail pipe seems no bigger than that of the DCsports

was just seeing if anyone on here had seen/heard one and could give opinions really.

this is the only video i can find of it that doesnt seem to have been recorded using a potato.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
This is what it sounds like moving:

The owner on CTRO was called N77 I believe. Might be worth seeing what he thought.

The mid pipe is mild steel IIRC, not stainless.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
The mid pipe is mild steel IIRC, not stainless.

that is off putting.

may go back to the silenced b-pipe and N1 route. heard one on a DC5 at japfest and it wasnt too loud. the owner of the car was more than happy to show it off to me :p

Back
Top Bottom