Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
an LSD is 500. fitting? maybe 100? surely if it is that important, forgo any mods like intake and exhaust and the LSD is easily affordable making an EP3 much better.

I would be considering one myself if I was planning on keeping the car.

In fact, I am in two minds about having one as I need a new clutch soon anyway...

since taking Chris's advice and getting my handling sorted [frsu & jdm arb], it has had such an impact on the feel of the car. it will be the first thing I do to any future car I own now.

Soldato
decided to go for a FN2 GT (if I can find one I like) - don't laugh - just decided that for an extra couple of K I'd rather:

(1) have a more modern looking car
(2) have more toys, in particular Cruise Control (which I find very useful on the Type-S)
(3) more boot space, and more space in the rear for the 2 kids

I think the trade-offs vs perhaps not quite as good handling and not quite as quick are worth it. Seems to me the FN2 will not quite be such a pocket rocket, but will be a reasonably good compromise of something that I can take on longer trips away with the family but also be pretty sporty when needed :)

just need a test-drive in one to see how "stiff" the suspension really is and whether that will be a problem or not

Soldato
I've got some weird tar type stuff coming out the bottom of my doors. I have got sound proofing in there so I'm wondering if it's that leaking? I've cleaned it off and had a look under the door card but it's seeping out of a few places. No idea what it is or who to take it to in order to rectify it :S

7725609132_a9f99c5ae7.jpg

I had this on my Fiesta, turned out to be something a previous owner had put in there and it ended up jamming my window. I'd suggest you take the doorcard off and give it a look before it sticks together like mine did...

Soldato
What are your insurance quotes like for the S2000?

It's by far my favourite 2 seater convertible (realistically achievable only) around. I remember sitting in one when I was 17, and it remains one of the nicest cars I have sat in! Used to pick it all the time on Gran Turismo too.

Caporegime
I'd have that S2000 but anything over 150BHP is still prohibitively expensive to insure despite being 25, having 5 years NCB and not a single claim to my name. FML.

Soldato
I'd have that S2000 but anything over 150BHP is still prohibitively expensive to insure despite being 25, having 5 years NCB and not a single claim to my name. FML.

It's nothing to do with the BHP.

S2000s are notoriously expensive to insure anyway, a problem which is compounded by a bad post code.

Back
Top Bottom