Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
8650 rpm - any higher limit = valve bounce.

Depends when the engine was made.

Initially The K20A and K20A2 had a dual spring setup on both the intake and exhaust side, which was changed sometime in 2002/2003 to a single spring on the intake side. The max RPM on the double spring is said by many decent K20 tuners to be 8600, and the single spring 8800. The reason for the change was rumoured to be to help stop engine failure by mis-shifting. It is also said to be the same spring that is used in the S2000, the F20 engine.

1997 5th Gen VTi Lude Motegi kitted
2004 EP3 CTR NHB Facelift standard

I miss the latter every day, used, abused, then loved and cared for, then used and abused again. Little harlot always came back for more.

Don
UK 99 Integra Type R in black here, had it since Summer 2009, I don't intend to ever sell it. My friend let me drive his around an air strip back in 2005, and I wanted one since. Waited until I was 25 and had the money to get one

aug09d.jpg

I've spent a fair bit freshening it up since then, including an eye watering ~£80 on new red badges

So this is the equivalent thread to the RenaultSport thread yes?

Last edited:
Don
Spotless :)

Before I had it, it had been garaged for all of it's life (so the previous owner claimed), it spent a few years in Germany somewhere too.

Stripped out the back seats last summer and painted rust prevention stuff all over the arches on the inside, then under sealed the under side, the car stank for weeks :D

Man of Honour
OP
Spotless :)

Before I had it, it had been garaged for all of it's life (so the previous owner claimed), it spent a few years in Germany somewhere too.

Stripped out the back seats last summer and painted rust prevention stuff all over the arches on the inside, then under sealed the under side, the car stank for weeks :D

Awesome stuff. I was a bit naive when I bought mine, it had bubbling on the arches, had I known how much it would be to fix, I'd have bought another example. Cost me the wrong side of £500 to fix iirc, and that was a cash in hand mates rates price. Top job though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
MilanoChris, get in on my Santapod thread later this month you already a regular as it seems ^^^

Sorry mate, 1/4 times don't interest me, only did the one time for a laugh and to experience it. Plus, I'm saving for the 'ring and Spa in April. :) Thanks anyway.

Man of Honour
OP
Looking very nice. Was it something you used everyday or was it only santapod and trips to lakeside on a Saturday night?

My DC5? It was my main car mate. But for most of the time I owned it I walked to work.

Still did an insane amount of miles in 3 years though, something like 54000.

Back
Top Bottom