Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Sounds like one of those crash for cash scams to me ;)

Either a failed joke or just a silly comment. All sounds like a genuine accident going by Wills post.

Glad you are ok Will.

Looks repairable, cheap though? I doubt it. So guessing it will be a write off.

Try buy it back off the insurance if they let it go for cheap, See if you can fix it up or just make a good sum breaking it.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Least no S2000s were harmed this time round ;)

And course it was a joke, trying to raise a smile on the chaps face as he's obviously ok but just rather down about it as expected.

Just got to remember you're ok and not hurt!

Soldato
Least no S2000s were harmed this time round ;)

Its alright :) I've already taken some stick from mates, crimes against Hondas etc....!

Breaking it for bits may make sense dependent upon what buy back price is, but I'm not sure I have the time, space or know how to break it really.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Breaking it for bits may make sense dependent upon what buy back price is, but I'm not sure I have the time, space or know how to break it really.

Think that's one of those things that sounds a good idea at the time, but in reality unless you've got the time and drive to go through all the hassle maybe not so much.

I know personally not something I'd do, but if you have got the time and space and reckon you can come out a few quid up then could be an idea.

Soldato
Anyone else surprised theres no airbag deployment given front end damage? I'm glad it didn't go off to be honest, not pleasant, but when I saw how smashed up the front was I'm surprised they weren't triggered...

Soldato
Doesn't look like that hard of a hit tbh. Same damage I did to the BMW hitting a wall at ~10mph. Easily repairable, comes down to cost though I guess. Looking a bonnet, hinges, wing, slam panel, light, bumper.

Don
Please please tell me all of your mods are declared including the stick-on bits!

Very unfortunate but you're still here to tell the tale - cars can be replaced

Soldato
Please please tell me all of your mods are declared including the stick-on bits!

Very unfortunate but you're still here to tell the tale - cars can be replaced

All mods are declared yes :)

The only external 'stick on' bit that wouldn't be considered as factory fit is the mugen grill which I rang up and declared to them previously.

Engine has been pushed back, messing up the gearbox. ££££

Its not so much the engine being pushed back, its not that bad, rather its the stuff that sits above/in front of it, namely the airbox, battery, various electronic bits...these bits have been pushed back onto the mechanism for the gear linkage and somehow jammed it so only 2nd, 4th, and 6th gears can be selected...

Last edited:
Soldato
Just trying to find out what to do with my Flashpro handset, if I can unlock it from the car I can sell it on...be nice to recoup that cash if I can, for sure!

Caporegime
Step away from the Hondas !

Shame to see it crashed but might be worth not worrying about modifying the next car and concentrate on modifying the driver? IAM, defensive driver training or pass plus or something?

Permabanned
So a coach pulled out with inadequate space between itself and the car behind? That's a real bitch. :(

Feel bad for you dude, horrific way to smack up your pride and joy.

Associate
My new baby might be going back, now I've given it a good check over its been badly respray end all along the passenger side, loads of wobbly bits, the scuff plates aren't clipped in, the fuel cap is raised at the front, the light plastic clip at the back is broken. Just a trail of small damage from nose to tail all along that side.... And the paint has dripped and made ripples on the ridges.

Not happy!

Soldato
You can't have checked that car properly ca9pheonix...

Will thats gutting mate, feel for you, bad spate of luck with the Honda's! :( Have to see about a cost friendly nippy motor which is something you can get away with not modding if it helps on the insurance side for you :(

Back
Top Bottom