Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
What's half decent for a full tank from an ep3 type R?

Currenty got 140 out of it and I have about 1/4 left, but the guage dances quite regularly. :p so probably going to work out at just under 200 to the tank.

My light comes on around 250 to 290 miles done. Then I do 30-40 before filling up again.

That's commuting to work and back and fill up every couple if weeks. Probably drive like I stole it 40% of the time :)

/edit or I put £30 a week in and do 110-130+ miles on it between £30s

Last edited:
Soldato
my engine in my B18C4 seems to get better by the mile - feels smoother than it did when I bought it 100k miles ago - even with some rather longer oil changes than it should have had ....

even managed 300 miles to a tank this last week or so - thats the best in about 5 years :) 200 of motorway (including some stop start) - but rest was town and country roads - so not bad at all - I drive it hard

171k miles and counting :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i reckon i could probably manage 280+ if i did all motorway. the lack of cruise control doesnt help at all. my best mpg was 31 and that was on an ocuk RR day, so mostly motorways with a bit of thrashing.

other than that, its town driving. not expecting much more when i get an S2000 really but fingers crossed, by that time it will be a weekend only car and i will be able to walk to work.

Associate
The mileages realy surprise me. With my fn2 I did a trip around the country, up the m6 from the midlands, accross the Pennines to the north east, down the a1 and back to the midlands then to South Wales and back in 3 days and averaged 35mpg on the trip. I played on the country roads and had the cruise control on at 70 (sat nav speed) on the motorway.

Ok so I have no mods on it at all yet, they will come next year but I was expecting a lot less.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i have noticed economy decline a lot since getting a dc5 gearbox on my car too.

cruising at 70 in 6th now means the car is a few rpms higher :(

Man of Honour
OP
I really really wanted an S2000. Till Des bought one and he ended up selling it as he was scared of driving it in the rain or cold. But you do drive a poxy breadvan so anything is an improvement. :D

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
See I've never bought the whole S2000s will kill you if the weather's not right thing.

Drove mine through every sort of weather and was fine.

Back
Top Bottom