Ubiquiti - unifi controller, monitor non UB?

Associate
I'm looking at the unifi controller and obviously see my UB AP's on it. But is it possible to monitor other network elements on non-UB hardware? i.e. my core switch is a Cisco 3560 could I get this to pop up in the "Network Health" section?

Don
It's almost like it's a marketing strategy to get you to invest in more UBNT kit to get all the green lights isn't it?

It works, every day I hover over the buy button on their switch and USG.

Despite having a perfectly excellent Cisco Meraki switch :)

My only hope is to try and forget about it :D

Soldato
It works, every day I hover over the buy button on their switch and USG.

Despite having a perfectly excellent Cisco Meraki switch :)

My only hope is to try and forget about it :D

I keep doing the same, seeing this yesterday didn't help.
All dem pretty colours and numbers!!

The-UniFi-dashboard.png

Deep-packet-traffic.png

https://www.troyhunt.com/ubiquiti-all-the-things-how-i-finally-fixed-my-dodgy-wifi/

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah I'm basically following Troy Hunts blog post for my new house, though stock levels on ubiquiti stuff seem terrible. No one seems to have a reasonably priced USG around at present, new stock expected towards the end of the quarter. Articles like Troy's are not going to help matters :mad:.

Soldato
Yeah I'm basically following Troy Hunts blog post for my new house, though stock levels on ubiquiti stuff seem terrible. No one seems to have a reasonably priced USG around at present, new stock expected towards the end of the quarter. Articles like Troy's are not going to help matters :mad:.

Ubiquiti stuff can have long lead times, I got screwed over once speccing a certain switch for a pub customer and nowhere in the UK had stock, had to go for an edge switch in the end.

Back
Top Bottom