Ubuntu WiFi USB Dongle?

Man of Honour
A whole range of them work nowadays. Just find a few you like and Google whether they work on Linux. Be aware chipsets sometimes change so Google for the exact model.

Soldato
OP
Already been there and done that , Plenty of support for 2.4 GHz but 5 GHz seems a bit flaky so i was hoping for personal experiences...

Man of Honour
Already been there and done that , Plenty of support for 2.4 GHz but 5 GHz seems a bit flaky so i was hoping for personal experiences...
It's probably a little larger than you want, but last year I bought a "CSL - USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Wireless AC1200 Dual Band network adapter with 2 x 5 dBi detachable antenna " which has a Realtek RTL8812AU chipset. I just installed it again to check whether it works at 5gz. It does. But it wasn't plug and play and I had to install the drivers using these instructions:

https://itsfoss.community/t/how-to-install-realtek-wifi-drivers-in-ubuntu-tutorial/2808

I am on Kubuntu 18.04. It's quite a large USB Wifi adapter with two big aerials and a stand. But if you look for something based on that chipset then at least it should work.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for going to all that trouble and checking it works on 5G, Never heard of CSL before and seems pretty cheap considering it has Ariel's .

It's bit of a beast but at least i know it works or have a chipset as a starting point.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom