UCAS personal statements

Associate
Hey all,

Im just doing my statement and have been told by my gf (she thinks) that it is only supposed to be 44 lines long in size 12 font. Is this true as myn is around 48 lines long and Im finding it difficult to cut bits out :(
thanks for any help,

Chris

Associate
It is true IIRC. I'm not sure how to help you cut things out. Why don't you post it on here I'm sure some nice person will help! :)

Man of Honour
You have 4,000 characters according to the UCAS website, the Applying Online guide doesn't seem to mention a line length but again mentions a character length and the online application process should tell you how many characters you have left/are over.

If you do feel like posting it then I could have a look over it or someone else could, it was a long time ago now but from what I remember I dashed mine off in a day or so and I managed to get onto a course I didn't even have the grades for so I didn't do too badly albeit I'm doing a different course now. ;)

Soldato
If you're applying online you can copy and paste in to the thing and it'll tell you how many characters you have..I think you can save draft copies as well. IIRC it also screws up the formatting slightly as well, but things may have changed in the last 2 years.

Associate
There is a character and a line length, as i found out before i sent mine off few weeks back.

Just paste it into the ucas site and it tells you how many characters and lines u have left. You can take out line between paragraphs and ident the next line instead, thats what few of us did to save lines.

Got 2 offers within about 2 weeks of sending off so obviously didn't look just indenting negatively.

Associate
My personal statement was 4066 characters so i had a shave a couple of words off. If you have career goals try to get rid of them cos you dont need them.

Soldato
yep, its limited, if you post it onto the part of *** apply form it'l tell you how many lines left and characters you have.

Associate
blairw said:
Mine has been done for ages, got a few replys, just dont get too wordy, you only have this space to talk about the important things about you :)

You say you got a few replys, acceptance or just a reply saying they want an interview?

Associate
Can't speak for Blairw, but i've had 2 offers already.

One of my friends has all 6 offers and another has 5/6 already.

Seems some unis are a lot faster than others.

Soldato
the_brainaic said:
I've got an interview at Cambridge on Wednesday! I'm damn nervous...

Just imagine a much younger kid going for an interview with the staff who teach you at the moment. Or just think that in a few years you will know all the lecturers/teachers really well and will probably laugh at the fact you were nervous when you first met them.

Back
Top Bottom