Udemy course for python

Yeah I have used it, I generally wait for the under a tenner offers but they all seem to undercut one another these days and some sites use the same material dependant on the subject.

ed- maybe something like this or this would be useful for free? There are some decent resources to get grounding before you commit to any paid courses.

Cheers bud, will look at that YouTube link thanks... Just looking to get a certificate as people seem to employ you more if you have the paper work...

While I cant comment on Python specifically we do have several Udemy accounts at work. I have done a few courses over my few months here and all have been excellent. All the ones I have done are based around the MS tech stack though.

While I cant comment on Python specifically we do have several Udemy accounts at work. I have done a few courses over my few months here and all have been excellent. All the ones I have done are based around the MS tech stack though.

That's great to hear thank you bud... Hopefully this course will help me a lot over the coming weeks/months...

That's great to hear thank you bud... Hopefully this course will help me a lot over the coming weeks/months...

Is it this one?

One thing to bear in mind, the course was last updated in 2015, I am not familiar with Python and dont know if its changed much at all over that time. I expect the basics and concepts are much the same

They often seem to have offers on and I fully expect there are numerous alternative ways to learn out there. :)

Is it this one?

One thing to bear in mind, the course was last updated in 2015, I am not familiar with Python and dont know if its changed much at all over that time. I expect the basics and concepts are much the same

They often seem to have offers on and I fully expect there are numerous alternative ways to learn out there. :)

No not that one, I did click that one but then saw it was updated back then, I found another one on the Udemy website that was updated 2021 so abit more fresh.. Yeah I have a few YouTube videos to also watch but will see how this course goes for me :)

Udemy give courses for free a lot of the time. There's usually a deal posted on HUKD when it's free so have a check there so you can get the notification and get some free courses (there's always a few Python ones). I've found that the courses might not be as good quality as other sites. At work we had Pluralsight which was pretty good and the content quality was higher, however I've since found other sites I'd like to try but haven't gotten round to doing yet.

I would say there are a lot of good tutorials on YouTube and great channels. Things I've watched for Python are Corey Schafer's tutorials, which goes from basic and delves into advanced topics like iterators and generators and OOP. Another great channel that starts off with beginner topics on Python is Socratica.
I only remember those as they were quick and concise. After that I watched Python talks by Raymond Hettinger which are advanced I guess and if you want to learn more about the language.

I haven't trained for a good few months so haven't seen any fresh sites or channels but there are good few out there and the ones I've mentioned would help you get going.

One thing I'd suggest is to have a personal small project you want to achieve with your learning. Making a Todo program or a Noughts and Crosses game is good but I find I usually get bored with just applying my knowledge to those problems as they aren't relevant to me personally.

Hope it helps :)

Udemy have an offer of £16 to learn python instead of £60 for another 5 hours and I was thinking of grabbing that offer...

Has anyone used Udemy before? Is it a good shout to help me learn

That depends on you and how you prefer to learn, plenty of free websites out there and books free and not free.

Udemy always has offers, you can easily find vouchers around the web and anyone can make a course on there it's not like udacity or coursera where they partner with companies and universities to allow them to offer courses.

So it might be a good course or it might not be or it might be OK but some other course is better... AFAIK there are a few python courses on udemy by different people.

I own a fair few courses on Udemy. It has good content and some not so good content, but IIRC has a generous refund period and lets you watch samples of the course to get an idea.

As has ben said, It's like DFS and always has a sale on, so I wouldn't buy at full price unless desperately needed to.

One thing that you could look out for is the book bundles on this site:

They change them regularly but I've seen adverts in the past for Python bundles etc.. I'm not familiar with all of the books but last time I saw them do it it did look like it contained some good ones.

Back
Top Bottom