UEFA Euro 2020 Quarter Finals ** spoilers ** [2nd - 3rd July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
Xhaka is a big miss for the Swiss but I wouldn't write them off after they've just knocked out the favourites.
Italy to beat Belgium, the other Hazard is better for them so eden missing isn't too big, they go a lot more defensive without KDB so it'll be a close game. Anything can happen with one of the most inform strikers in Lukaku.
Danes and the Czech look very even, should be a great game, too close to call.
England should beat Ukraine, not having any of this they'll be tired nonsense after Croatia in the WC, even with a slightly rotated squad we should be controlling the game and score a couple.

Man of Honour
OP
yes, based on stats.

Not sure why VAR didn't overrule the goal when it wasn't a corner to start with. How is that different to overturning a goal for offside or a preceding foul?

I'd imagine it's because it's a different phase of play. If there's a foul or the player is offside the play continues, whereas everyone stops and gets into position for a corner. It's the wrong decision but I guess everyone accepts that once it's given you still have to defend it and if they score it's because you didn't defend that corner well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom