UEFA Europa League & Carabao Cup Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 26th September 2024]

Man of Honour
yztPG6f.png

Europa League:

Carabao Cup:

TV Coverage:

Last edited:
The Wimbledon vs. Newcastle match has been postponed due to the Wimbledon pitch being unplayable after heavy rain.

It sounds like it will be difficult to rearrange with Wimbledon's other fixtures, so they might have to forfeit the match.

Last edited:
We both play the Saturday fixture this weekend so they get an extra days rest for their harder fixture, similar to last week when we played Thursday in the CL and they played on the Wednesday.

yeah i guess it all pans out !
You’ll always get weeks where x has an extra day over y but this isn’t the same. explicit mentions how City had an extra day over Arsenal at the weekend but Arsenal (like all sides that play in Europe) are used to Wednesday-Saturday or Thursday-Sunday turnarounds. You very rarely (Covid seasons aside) see sides having to play Sunday-Tuesday (or the equivalent) though. Playing a match 48 hours after the last one is plain crazy.

Nobody will care as it’s City and just the League Cup but City are clearly disadvantaged here and this will only encourage them (and everybody else in a similar position) to **** off the League Cup.

Love how Arsenal get a extra day where as City don't. Rigged or what, just do em on the same day !
I can only assume this is some kind of misguided come-back at Arsenal fans complaining for getting a day less to prepare for their hardest game of the season having travelled abroad? Hardly like for like lol

Liverpool XI: Kelleher, Bradley, Quansah, Gomez, Kostas, Tsmikas, Endo, Jones, Gakpo, Chiesa, Nunez, Jota

Strong team for us. Be interesting to see how the attackers link up

We do have decent squad depth now, the team should be generally more solid, but the main issue is going to be scoring goals.

Arsenal XI: Porter, Nichols, Kiwior, Calafiori, Lewis-Skelly, Rice, Jorginho, Nwaneri, Saka, Sterling, Jesus

Subs: Rojas, Saliba, Gabriel, Kacurri, Heaven, Partey, Havertz, Martinelli, Kabia

16yo in goal as Neto is cuptied. Nwaneri finally gets a start but disappointed to see Saka starting, thought Martinelli could use the confidence but i guess he's gassed after that City game.

Back
Top Bottom