ugrading

Associate
hi guys, i am looking to upgrade my: Ryzen 5 7600 six core 5.10GHz processor and my Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT MBA 16GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card, i am fairly still new to the gaming pc world so any upgrades anyone can suggest would be great, im looking at a budget of around £1,500. also my power supply is 750W incase ill need to upgrade that also. many thanks

hi tetras. long time, i use the pc for gaming. i know its abit early but i can never get the performance i need, i have of course been on top of my drivers, chipsets etc and still i get stutters, tearing and frequent fps drops

hi tetras. long time, i use the pc for gaming. i know its abit early but i can never get the performance i need, i have of course been on top of my drivers, chipsets etc and still i get stutters, tearing and frequent fps drops

What games do you play exactly, and what settings (resolution, refresh rate etc)?

i also tend to run the graphics medium to low to prevent those things but it always seems to happen
Playing on medium or low at 1080p is probably going to increase the framerate variability because it will push the bottleneck to the CPU.

What RAM are you using and what speed is it running at?

Its going to be ddr5 as he has a ryzen 5 7600.

i play dead by daylight, fortnite, dying light, i run all of the games on 1920x1080, and i have my monitor on 175hz
are you competitive gamer? Because your setup and at those resolutions and games should be more than adequate?

Just encase you don't believe me, here is a review video of your graphics card. Use the first pinned comment to find all 1080p links. Nearly everything is maxed at 1080p and most games are getting 100+ fps.

what exactly is the problem you have? too low frame rates?

I honestly don't think you need a new system at all, yours currently is a good 1080p gaming machine. You could if you really wanted a little extra performance is sell your 7600x and buy a 7800x3D and if then you are not happy you could sell your 7800XT and buy a 7900XT but I just don't see the point for many reasons. Reason 1) your system is considered a good 1440p gaming machine let alone 1080p unless you need crazy frame rates. 2) new stuff is about to get released so your money would be better spent on a new technology and in few months time you would get more performance for your money. 3) upgrading to a 7900XT is not going to get your dramatically more frame rates unless you went for a 7900XTX or RTX 4080.

my advice is even if you MUST upgrade, wait for new stuff to come out in few months time. Then if you need more performance then upgrade, right now your system is just fine. I cant see where you need more performance. What is the make and model of your monitor exactly?

Where you might actually get the most benefit is maybe upgrading to 1440p monitor. Unless you have some specific reason for staying on 1080p, I would highly recommend upgrading monitor as games look considerably better in 1440p vs 1080p. Your card is more than adequate for 1440p with some adjustment of setting and using FSR in game if required.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom