UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

I think Dynamite for me :-)

Why does it matter what time of year it’s on? Strictly starts in the autumn, they’re never going to shift their biggest prime time show for this.

Strictly isn't important to me, so it never occurred that it airs in the autumn time. Gladiators was more significant to me so the fact that always aired in the autumn time takes precedent. Another example is Knightmare. It would be wrong to air that in the spring time if that ever came back.

As @VincentHanna said, Krypton Factor was nothing like the Glads, but I agree it was still awesome!

Now if someone drew a comparison between the Glads with, say, the Crystal Maze, then they would have a point as it was about competing against stages/areas, a lot requiring physical endurance and scoring points towards the end game. The Krypton Factor on the other hand tested various human qualities such as observation, intelligence (Mensa-type puzzles and mazes), quizzes, and yes there was an obstacle course as part of each episode but it only accounted for like one-sixth of each episode.

I hope it’s better reboot than the new Wheel of Fortune, didn’t like that at all, no nostalgia at all.

I watch Legends youtube channel quite often. His eating abilities are rather impressive

Last edited:
More official BBC Gladiators info:

rp2000

The Gladiators probably won’t be allowed to be “enhanced” plus additional health and safety wokeness will probably weaken it somewhat

I’ll still give it a go though

Part of me thought he was best looking out of them all but then I found out she is only 20.

Dynamite is only 20? Dayamn! :( Back in 1992 though, the ages were kinda the other way round, like I was 14 in 1992 watching the 1st series and the Glads were in their 20s or 30s, and Wolf was like 48. Now in 2024, I'm 45 haha!

The Gladiators probably won’t be allowed to be “enhanced” plus additional health and safety wokeness will probably weaken it somewhat

I’ll still give it a go though

Are you referring to drugs/steroids? Shadow got done for this and thus was dropped from the show once he was found out. If drug testing is better now than it was in the 90s, then hopefully it's not as much as an issue. As for health and safety, I can imagine the Powerball event being altered in some way as that had the most number of injuries IIRC. Other than that, maybe tweaks in the crash helmets and leg/arm supports to help against muscle injuries.

I was expecting them to have one of the Gladiators in a wheelchair or something.

I know where you're coming from as everything have to be overly politically correct nowadays, but suggesting paralympics is a tad silly :p

What I can see happening though in a future series is the male and female categories being abolished, so to have all of the contenders and Glads bunched up together. This will be simply to pander to the gender police that makes up only 0.1% of the population. If you're a biological male (so bigger muscles, taller frame etc), then compete as a male. No 2-second head start for you on the Wall if you're a male but wanting to compete as a female. Knowing the BBC though...

Back
Top Bottom