UK Truck Simulator

Associate
Hi, has anyone managed to get this or any of the European Truck Simulators to run OK on Windows 10 at all? The game is meant to run on Windows XP and I have set it to run in Windows XP compatibility mode and also run as administrator. When I try to run the game, all the opening screens and menus are displayed perfectly but after selecting the starting location the screen then turns cyan and lacks all detail, the game is unplayable. Pressing the key to bring up the map for instance will display the map perfectly but the actual game is a no no. Any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

k3iK5sC.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Drivers thing maybe? Have you looked at Euro Truck Sim 2? :)
No I don't have Euro Truck Sim2, the version I have is the Truckers Double Pack, which is Euro Truck Sim and UK Truck Sim. I have now installed both Sims and both have the same issue. Menu's and the map, notebook etc all appear to be fine Title screen etc, all OK, game screen is the only one that is affected.

Associate
OP
It looks like you're running it Windowed mode, so might be worth trying it in Fullscreen mode if you haven't already.

Might be worth posting some screenshots of the game launcher and/or the game.ini file to see whether there's any settings that can be changed.

I'd avoid using the XP Compatibility mode, as it's unlikely to make any difference for 3D Games that use DirectX and the like and may make things worse.

Personally I'd try and get a copy of Euro Truck Sim 2 (ETS2), it's a lot newer, is still actively supported with updates and mods, and is just a newer version of the games you have.

If you keep an eye out for the next Steam sale, it's usually on offer for <£5 and well worth it.

1718717215082.png
Thanks, I'll try and grab some screenshots and post. I have tried running it in all kinds of modes, including full screen in various resolutions, all with the same results. I'll try and locate a copy of ETS2 and give that a whirl. I much prefer to have it on a CD or DVD format than an online download / hosted game. I have issues before with games on Steam where they have managed to lose the activation information, preventing a few games from running.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Quick update, I downloaded a trail version of ETS2 and it does indeed work OK on W10. I now have the DVD on order and should have it in a few days time. I have not as yet got around to testing dgvoodoo2 but I will try that and report back soon as well.

Associate
OP
Will the game even be on the disc like you want? I thought it'd just give you a Steam code to redeem?

That's how it was when I bought Skyrim on disc, although mostly just wanted the physical map.
Yes it will on a DVD as its over 5GB in file size. I didn't use that link, I found someone who is selling a second-hand game in its box etc for just £2 plus postage so I can install it on any of my machines.

Associate
OP
Update time again, I had the order for the DVD cancelled by the seller as they are away for a while, but I have now got a key coming to allow me to download from Steam, so more on that when it arrives. In the meantime, I have followed the instructions on the dgvoodoo2 and the updated video and not a jot of difference, the game screen is as per original posting. The downloaded demo of ETS2 works OK.

Associate
OP
Further update, I have now installed EST2 and it is working just fine apart from the PC does not see my steering wheel, which is a Logitech Driving Force Pro, its a bit long in the tooth now but it used to work perfectly a few years ago when I was running EST on a Windows XP machine.

I have downloaded from Logitech the recommended driver for Win 10 for that wheel, which is version 5.10.127 64bit and installed it but it fails to see the wheel is plugged in and I'm unable to get the wheel or pedals to work?

I also have a laptop which is still running XP and I get the same result on that as well, despite the fact that when I power up the wheel and plug it into the PC or laptop, the wheel will then do its little setup routine turning from lock to lock before settling down in the straight ahead position.

I have seen videos of others with the same wheel playing EST2 on Win 10 with that wheel, so it should be working OK. I have now purchased a 2nd hand Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and awaiting delivery later in the week, and hopefully it will work OK, but in the meantime, has anyone any ideas as to what I could try next?

Associate
OP
I wonder if anyone has drivers for Logitech Driving Force Pro or GT wheels at all that they give me a link to. I have both wheels but neither work with Win 10 even though Logitech claim they do. I have a laptop running XP that they don't work on either with the current set of drivers from Logitech?

Or would this be best to start a new topic in another section of the forum?

Associate
OP
Fairly sure I've never needed drivers for the driving force GT.
Well, I plugged mine in today and I get the error message saying that the Logitech profiler could not detect any wheel being connected but when I went into the devices and printers section of the control panel, there was an icon for a driving force GT and the icon shows a hand held controller. Checking the properties of the hardware, I get 2 entries, first one is Logitech Driving Force GT USB(HID) which gives me this message:-

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}
%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

The second entry says Logitech Driving Force GT USB and highlighting that is gives this message:-

This device is working properly.

I get exactly the same results if then swap out the GT wheel for the Pro one, and again Windows 10 correctly identifies it was a Logitech Driving Force Pro but the error message is identical.

Associate
OP
OK, I've bitten the bullet and just ordered a new wheel, the Logitech G29 which is still a current model so it should be fully compliant with Windows 10. Is there anyone here who is running this wheel or has used it with Win 10 on any of the truck sims?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
For my Logitech G27 I use version 5.10.127 (06/14/2010). If I recall it can be a bit of a faff.

You may need to remove all trace of the Logitech profiler software and make sure the wheel in unplugged, then when you go to re-install make sure you plug things in when it prompts. It should ask you during the install process.
Yes it did ask me to plug in the wheel, I did, the wheel did its self check routine, but the system still said it could not see it.

Associate
OP
OK, I've bitten the bullet and just ordered a new wheel, the Logitech G29 which is still a current model so it should be fully compliant with Windows 10. Is there anyone here who is running this wheel or has used it with Win 10 on any of the truck sims?
OK, quick update, it seems that although I did order this wheel, I will not be getting it due to a fraudulent listing on Vinted, the wheel and seller appears to be vaporware so I'm back to the Driving Force Pro and GT situation while await hopefully a full refund from Vinted.

Back
Top Bottom