• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ultra-AGPII™?

Associate
Anyone now about this technology, I found a mobo and said this :

"...Immersing the Ultra-AGPII™Technology and the outstanding graphic core, P5S800-VM is able to achieve a VGA Throughput of 3.2GB/s with DDR400, significantly transcending the former 2.1GB/s standard speed provided by AGP 8X..."

Associate
Well I assume ;)

edgaruy1980 said:
Anyone now about this technology, I found a mobo and said this :

"...Immersing the Ultra-AGPII™Technology and the outstanding graphic core, P5S800-VM is able to achieve a VGA Throughput of 3.2GB/s with DDR400, significantly transcending the former 2.1GB/s standard speed provided by AGP 8X..."

Soldato
After some googling it seems that its basically just a faster AGP Slot, which isn't realy anything to write home about.

Last time i checked the fastest agp card hadn't maxed out the AGP Slots speed.

Associate
OP
So nobody nows for sure.
That chipset is like a i865, about 4Gb/s bus bandwidth, the latest 975 is just 8Gb/s, so I don't see what is funny.
Most people are still stuck with XP based chipsets, yeah, the 9XX series is XP based, not Vista.
On MSDN forums you might find that Vista native chipset should be about
10 Gb/s.
Bummer, I can't post the link as you have to be a member from the Microsoft developer community.

Man of Honour
Uh chipsets aren't OS specific... theres no such thing as an "XP based chipset"... the exception being there will be support in vista for motherboards supporting TPM in the chipset... (which is a chipset feature designed somewhat with vista in mind)

and on my DFI Infinity 975X the chipset has over 10gigs of bandwidth (10688MB/s with my current settings)

as others have said the Ultra-AGPII thing is just a standard AGP x8 slot with an upclocked controller... you can do similiar with some standard AGP x8 motherboards, tho there is little point and the possibility of stablility issues (which I guess this board would be designed to handle)... even an x1950 pro AGP doesn't max out the bandwidth available on AGP x8.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom