Ultra budget cameras for multiple angle shooting.

Associate
Hi.

I've been asked about shooting and editing for a local Pro Wrestling organisation. They currently just have one old camera that's set up on the balcony. I want to purchase three to four cameras, for hand held or setting up in fixed locations, so the budget has to be really low, around £100 each.

They perform in a local nightclub, so pretty dark. Ideally they'd want to set them up, start them filming and not have to change the batteries (might need an external charger for that) or memory card for the four hour max show time.

I was looking at the Akaso action cameras. Their batteries wouldn't last the whole time, but they provide two with the camera or an external charger might be needed. They record in 4gb Segments on the SD Cards (the cameras format the SD Cards in Fat32) which are 9 minutes in 4k and 25mins in 1080p, which isn't ideal when editing. If my calculating is correct, four hours non stop recording would be 104gb at 4k and 40gb at 1080p.

I'd be grateful for any recommendations. I know i'm not going to get epic quality on this budget, but file sizes and the ability to record for four hours is also an issue. The multiple files on the SD Cards might be an issue, especially if we filmed in 4k.

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom