Ultra X PSU's

Soldato
are the ultra x connect series any good?

my pc was shutting itself off when my overclock was 2.9 quite a lot but it has also done it at 2.8 but not as much.

its the ultra x connect 500W titanium which is availble on the Ocuk site.

could the psu be the reason for the random power downs? i dont think its being over power as im only power 6 fans, 2 hdd's, 6600, dvd rom drive and the cpu?

any ideas ?

Soldato
They arent very good, basic PSUs with a nice cover... (although their newer ones with flat cables are an improvement) so it could be why. Unplug any drives you don't need/lights etc. and see if it is stable

Soldato
OP
i see, well the only thing i can unplug really is the dvd rom drive.

what other options are open to me for modular psu's ??

i dont know about hipers as theres a lot of mixed opinions on these, the seasonics seem quite eexpensive also.

im hopefully getting a 7900gt so it will need to be able to power my system ( preety sure most will anyway) and also not cost me an arm adn a leg

suggestions ?

Associate
I was going to buy a Hiper before I read these boards hehe, I also know a couple of people that have used them and found them to be poop, saying that though, they do look very smart.
I decided that Tagan and Seasonic are defently the best, Tagan especially for there current modular range.
This is just my opinion ofcourse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom