Ultrawide monitors difference

Associate
Hi there
I'm really keen to get the DELL dw3418aw or the 3420aw.
But I've been told it might be a waste and I should instead go the MSI Optix MPG341CQR, which is about half price.
What are your thoughts?
I was thinking the dell as of build quality, 3-5 year warranty, I'm planning on having a 3080 in the future, or maybe a 2080ti in the interim, so gsynch is important, but appreciate thats not an issue with freesynch monitors?

Any thoughts?

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply!
its tempting, but I dont think I have the space in my office such a massive monitor, will have to do some measurements.
Another problem is, I dont have the PC yet, been holding out for a 3080 but dont see that happening anytime soon. Need to get a decent PC with a 2080ti whcih can be upgraded perhaps in a year or 2

Associate
OP
Thanks, might need to do some measurements later on my corner desk, how close to the monitor are you normally?
Can I connect my laptop to this via usb c at all? I have a Dell Latitude 5400.

Finally, can anyone recommend a decent rig to power either a 34inch or this G9, ideally 2080ti with a view to upgrade to a 3080 in the future?

Associate
OP
Thanks, waiting on OC to come back on a recommended rig that can be upgraded later to a 3000 series, probably a year or 2. But good to know about the 2080ti being strong enough.
I'm mainly a civ, anno 1800, total war player, with the odd BF1/5 as well, so guessing something like this would be ideal, just need to check the space

Associate
OP
RcR1zqc

This is my corner right now, from the wall corner to the desk corner is 38inches
youn mentioned about 45inches width, so that takes up a fair amount of space here, if I put the screen here, allowing for 45 inches at the widest point, I would be sitting about 20-25 inches away, possibly too close me thinks?

Associate
OP
I'm thinking now between the Dell AW3821DW or the LG38WN95C. Hard as I realise the Dell seems to have better after sales and warranty, but the LG has HDR10.
Anyone has any experience with either?

Back
Top Bottom