Unable to find option to activate Bluetooth

Associate
So I decided to buy a Bluetooth USB connector to allow my son to use an Xbox controller playing Roblox.

However when I attempt to add device via Bluetooth it is unable to pair. In Windows 11 Device Manager there is no toggle to turn Bluetooth on/off and there is no Bluetooth icon in Quick Action.

Futhermore there appears to be no Bluetooth drivers saved anywhere. My motherboard supports Bluetooth, so why can't I activate it? Microsoft support states there should be a driver to update, but it's not there!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
If you look in Device Manager it probably has a yellow exclamation mark against it, meaning it needs a driver. You won't get anywhere until you've satisfied that. It might just see it as a generic communications device.

As there are many, many BT chipsets there's a good chance Windows doesn't have a driver for the deviceID and won't install it automatically. Running Windows Update would have been my first go-to.

Else, Google for the manufacturer and see if there are any clues as to what chipset they're using and then see if you can find a driver. Can you link the adapter you bought?

Back
Top Bottom