Unable to receive calls from Spain

Associate
Hope someone can help me. I can't even get Talktalk to acknowledge the problem!

Basically I've had a Talktalk SIM for a few months, but have only used it occasionally in the UK (until my contract with existing provider ends). So far so good.

With European roaming charges scrapped, I decided to take the SIM to Spain and put it in a new simfree Samsung J5 (purchased in Spain in case that's relevant). That's when I discovered a problem with the Talktalk SIM.

Everything works fine apart from one glaring thing, namely it wont receive voice calls from Spanish numbers. Texts YES, Voice Calls NO. This has been tried from many Spanish mobiles with the correct 0044 prefix. A Spanish mobile typically drops the connection with 'unable to connect' message.

Back in the UK I've received a replacement SIM from Talktalk (same number). Still the same result - cannot receive Spanish voice calls but texts are received ok.

I've checked that Talktalk roaming is enabled and have tried the SIM back in the original phone.

To recap, the only thing that doesn't work is receiving calls from Spanish phones (haven't tried other countries apart from UK and Spain).

Has anyone come across or heard of a similar problem? I'd be very grateful for any advice because currently Talktalks customer service are proving useless. Is there some block on the Sim preventing incoming Spanish calls for instance?

Back
Top Bottom