Underground Station Car Park Fines

Soldato
Yes I know it will be a case of waiting to see if anything turns up but ...... :)

Whilst out today I thought I could park short term in a London Underground station car park, pulled in, parked up then went to the machine, no details on charges or duration so I went out along the entrance to see if there was anything about charges, nothing. So came back into the car, again looked at the machine, then noticed a sign on the other side so went over to read it. Sign stated single charge for a day, so a fixed daily charge, underneath which was another sign about the terms and conditions and the mention of ANPR cameras etc.. at which point I thought crap, got in my car and drove out.

Have to admit that this did take 3-5 mins, can't really be sure as initially I couldn't find the sign for the costs. From other peoples experience do you think that I'll receive a demand for parking up and then leaving without paying, worst thing is that I then couldn't promptly exit the car park due to pedestrians and traffic so was also stuck at the exit for what felt like an eternity. I assume that the fines are operated by a third party using simple binary logic?

Back
Top Bottom